singapore airlines .need answers fast

paul1977

Dear people were flying to Perth via Singapore tomorrow night, as were emigrating we get double baggage allowance, just found out that as were stopping over for 3 days the ticket between Singapore and Perth is not classed as an emigration ticket and we lose the double baggage allowance we were given at London Heathrow

help.................

We are doing exactly the same as you in December, I was worried about the same thing so the travel agent rang singapore airlines and got confirmation of double allowance. As long as you can present your visa it should be fine. Travel agent also took details of airline contact as 'proof' to be on safe side. Perhaps ring airline yourself to put your mind at rest.

I'd normally say email the airline so you have proof of the response but having just emailed Singapore Airlines about something myself yesterday I know they can take up to 3 days to respond. So I agree it could be worth calling them to check what they say. You might be able to check your luggage in for the whole trip (ie both legs) and just take your cabin baggage with you into Singapore for your 3 nights if you pack smart. Ask Singapore Airlines if that could be possible. That way you would only have to deal with check once. Good luck.

Guest siamsusie

Hi Paul,

Failing you receiving any satisfactory answers because the call centres are predominately put through to India.. I would keep a copy of my additional luggage "grant" and head for the nearest Singapore Airways Customer care counter within Singapore airport.

They are exceptionally helpful.

If you remain uncertain then I would head for..

London Heathrow Airport

At Excess Baggage Company our focus is on excellent customer service. We always aim to be within easy reach of our customers and want to make sure you get the answers you want quickly and easily.

London Heathrow Airport

Main Concourses

Terminals 1, 3, 4 and 5

London Heathrow Airport

London TW6 1JH

Tel. +44 (0)20 8759 3344

Fax. +44 (0)20 8759 6368

Email. heathrow@excess-baggage.com

http://www.excess-baggage.com/airport_facilities/airport_facilities.php

Baggage Shipping

Excess Baggage operates the ultimate baggage shipping service. Simply turn up at any of our in-terminal locations - there is absolutely no need to book in advance. Just 20 minutes' processing time per booking, and your baggage shipping needs have been sorted.

Please allow plenty of time before your flight.

If you go down this route It might be advisable to take a photocopy of your Visa details to accompany your luggage along with your passport which is usually required.

Passport Copy 

ID page of your passport (AND destination country visa, if applicable)

Security Declaration Form 

Customs Form 

For Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA, Norway, Switzerland

Destination Fees Form 

Hazardous Goods Form 

Standard Liability Form 

This is optional, if Shipment Protection is required

Have a very safe flight and enjoy Singapore. You are also doing the best thing stopping over as there is a 4 hr strike within Australian airports tomorrow which will delay incoming passengers.

Susie

Guest hannash
We are doing exactly the same as you in December, I was worried about the same thing so the travel agent rang singapore airlines and got confirmation of double allowance. As long as you can present your visa it should be fine. Travel agent also took details of airline contact as 'proof' to be on safe side. Perhaps ring airline yourself to put your mind at rest.

hey scarlett hows youre oh getting on with job enquirys ,, ,,is he having much luck,, i`m a bricklayer heading out around the same time to the east coast qld way

Dear people were flying to Perth via Singapore tomorrow night, as were emigrating we get double baggage allowance, just found out that as were stopping over for 3 days the ticket between Singapore and Perth is not classed as an emigration ticket and we lose the double baggage allowance we were given at London Heathrow

help.................

We are in exactly the same position, flying in Jan '12 and staying in singapore for 3 nights before heading out to Perth. I emailed singapore airlines on Monday, received a response yesterday asking for a copy of my visa grant which i emailed to them last night, expect a response from that within the next day or two, which will probably be no help to you at all because you'll be on the flight !!!!!!! I'll post their reply anyhow...Backtoadelaide suggested that you may be able to check in your luggage for both legs of the flight, can anyone expand on this ??? We were thinking of using one of the cases for all of us for our 3 nights in Singapore and paying for the rest in to left luggage in the airport.....

We are in exactly the same position, flying in Jan '12 and staying in singapore for 3 nights before heading out to Perth. I emailed singapore airlines on Monday, received a response yesterday asking for a copy of my visa grant which i emailed to them last night, expect a response from that within the next day or two, which will probably be no help to you at all because you'll be on the flight !!!!!!! I'll post their reply anyhow...Backtoadelaide suggested that you may be able to check in your luggage for both legs of the flight, can anyone expand on this ??? We were thinking of using one of the cases for all of us for our 3 nights in Singapore and paying for the rest in to left luggage in the airport.....

Got the email back from Singapore, i have to take a copy of visa grant and we are allowed 40kg each on both legs of our journey

I fly back to Aus every year with Singapore Airlines, usually straight through. But one time I had an overnight stay and was offered the option to check my bags right through or collect them in Singapore for my overnight stay. I chose to collect but, to be honest, it would have been easier if I didn't. Not sure if that only applies to one night stays though.

hey scarlett hows youre oh getting on with job enquirys ,, ,,is he having much luck,, i`m a bricklayer heading out around the same time to the east coast qld way

Hi, we're waiting until we get out there but there are quite often jobs advertised on seek and gumtree which indicates there is work around. Fortunately we also have a few contacts which friends have given us which hopefully will provide a starting point for us. Seems to be loads of bricklayers moving out to oz, good luck & hope you find work :biggrin:

Archived