AHPRA application - English education letter help!

Guest runner

Guest runner

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.....I am getting togther all my documents for AHPRA and need a letter from my secondary school to say I was taught in English to avoid doing the IELTS. The problem is my school closed a couple of years after I left and I have contacted my education authority where i attended school and they have just got back to me to say they have NO archives of any pupil that attended my school. :mad:I am so frustrated. So I want to know if I can.....

1 .Get my school exam 'O' level certificates notarised

2 .Write a statement to say I attended the school and get that witnessed by a notary too

Would this be adequate? Has anyone else had any experience of this at all? I would be interested to hear.

many thanks

Guest tandcmum

i couldn't get a letter from my secondry school as altho still there and i culd tell them what year i was in, who my teachers were etc they wouldn't do me a letter as they only kept records for 5 yrs. I asked AHPRA abut this and they told me to do a statutory declaration which i wrote and signed in front of the justice of peace. I have just got my in principle letter from AHPRA so it must have been okay

Guest runner

Thank you so much for your replies thats a great help.

Just one more question regarding the statutory declaration......is there a template for this or is it a statement you write personally saying to the effect

"I attended X school from 'date' to 'date' and was taught in English".

Thanks

Guest CarmKa
Thank you so much for your replies thats a great help.

Just one more question regarding the statutory declaration......is there a template for this or is it a statement you write personally saying to the effect

"I attended X school from 'date' to 'date' and was taught in English".

Thanks

I just got my nursing board to add in letter of good standing that my training was thru english & that we work thru the english in Ireland.

APHRA were satisfied with that.

Goodluck

• 3 months later...
Guest claudekelly

hi. good to hear that your application is okay.. can i ask i received a letter from ahpra saying, make a new application as a RN because i am now eligible for in principle approval. what do they mean by that? my current application is for enrolled nurse but they are advising me to change it for RN because of that in principle approval

thank you