ACS Skills and Education

danievh

Guest ahmadsh
Hello,

I assessed my qualifications as a ‘software engineer’ with the Australian Computer Society and they issued me the results letter that states that I am suitable to apply under this profession based on my ICT Masters degree and my years of experience. On DIAC website it is mentioned that: "Points for qualifications at Masters level can only be awarded where you have also completed a Bachelors degree recognized by the relevant assessing authority as being of a comparable Australian standard"; now I do have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering but the ACS did not mention it in the results letter since it is not an ICT major, although they requested the Bachelors certificate in the assessment process because it underpins my Masters degree according to their instructions. My question is: will I be able to obtain the points awarded for my qualifications if I lodge an application based on the results letter of the ACS or would you need an extra assessment for my Bachelors degree of Civil Engineering? and who should provide this assessment in case it is needed?

Thanks

Hi

Just wondering if have been able to find any answer to your question. I am also in the same situation. I have bachelors in Telecom Engg. and MS in Computer Engineering. Would appreciate if you could share your experiences. s.ali[et]gmail[dot]com

Thanks

Ahmad

Guest ahmadsh
Hello,

I assessed my qualifications as a ‘software engineer’ with the Australian Computer Society and they issued me the results letter that states that I am suitable to apply under this profession based on my ICT Masters degree and my years of experience. On DIAC website it is mentioned that: "Points for qualifications at Masters level can only be awarded where you have also completed a Bachelors degree recognized by the relevant assessing authority as being of a comparable Australian standard"; now I do have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering but the ACS did not mention it in the results letter since it is not an ICT major, although they requested the Bachelors certificate in the assessment process because it underpins my Masters degree according to their instructions. My question is: will I be able to obtain the points awarded for my qualifications if I lodge an application based on the results letter of the ACS or would you need an extra assessment for my Bachelors degree of Civil Engineering? and who should provide this assessment in case it is needed?

Thanks

Hi

Just wondering if have been able to find any answer to your question. I am also in the same situation. I have bachelors in Telecom Engg. and MS in Computer Engineering. Would appreciate if you could share your experiences. s.ali1712[et]gmail[dot]com

Thanks

Ahmad

Archived