Employment Agencey

Chorley FM

Hi, been in rural SA for a couple of months now (PR Visa) and was looking for advice about employment agency's here in SA. Where i live there are not any jobs in what i did in the UK (IT Technician) and most jobs seem to listed with an employment agency in town!

Just wondering if anyone has ever used an agency and what the charges are etc. Very confused at them moment but were loving Australia! :biggrin:

Cheers

There shouldn't be any charges for you using them to find work (I believe this is the same as the UK and is illegal to charge people to find them work - however I may be wrong, I have taken on a huge amount of info. over the last few months lol). Sorry I can't help any more than that, but just wanted to let you know.

(Just a thought, can you not do remote Tech stuff from home? Or approach the local schools to see if they need anyone? Don't always wait for jobs to be advertised - go and be pushy seems to be order of the day for getting work in Oz from what people have said to me).

Employment would usually be working for the employer to fill jobs they have tried and failed to fill themselves. Usually because they are in locations people dont like, jobs that are hard to fill because of the nature of the work etc. For that reason it is usually the employer who pays the agency a fee not you.

Archived