457 Visa - status check

woody465

Hi,

My husband and I applied for a 457 visa two weeks ago. I just wondered if anyone can advise if you status online gets updated as the visa progresses along or whether its only updated at the end when its approved?

The agent advised us there was no point looking with the TRN number because it won't change until its all been approved but I had read conflicting things on here.

At the moment it says:

03/08/2011 Application received - processing commenced.

03/08/2011 Application fee receieved.

Thanks

Hi,

My husband and I applied for a 457 visa two weeks ago. I just wondered if anyone can advise if you status online gets updated as the visa progresses along or whether its only updated at the end when its approved?

The agent advised us there was no point looking with the TRN number because it won't change until its all been approved but I had read conflicting things on here.

At the moment it says:

03/08/2011 Application received - processing commenced.

03/08/2011 Application fee receieved.

Thanks

it depends on your case officer, some update step by step some doesnt . mainly they put the final approval there I guess.

Cheers,

hi

well for me its been

application received-processing commenced 27/7/2011

fee received 27/7/2011

application being further processed 29/7/2011

so for us they seem to be updating every process

but now i have a message under my name saying further info required????? what the heck does that mean, ive emailed them asking what they require but no reply. can anyone shed any light

did i need to take the English lit test??

as far as i know i have supplied every detail to the max, the solicitor my employer is using has asked me not to contact them and to go through my employer.

i find myself checking the status every morning and night....... i think i'm becoming obsessed lol

Sorry - just noticed you have a husband. Hang on - you're not my wife, are you? :err:

Also off to Sydney. I had a bit more bottle than you though - handed in my notice 2 weeks ago, couldn't bear it any longer. I managed to hold out long enough that the visa agent had confirmed the application was lodged and that they couldn't see anything that would cause a hold up

Good luck with your move :biggrin:

Guest Chaela

21/07/2011 Application received - processing commenced

21/07/2011 Application fee received

04/08/2011 Application being processed further (this is when we got confirmation from the employer saying that their side of the process was approved).

and we are still waiting.....!!!

However, there are 3 of us (my husband is main applicant).

Here's my timeline to date !!

22nd July Application lodged (before the nomination was approved)

22nd July Application being processed

9th August Nomination approved

12th August Further information requested

15th August Information sent

Now just waiting........:frown:

Lynne

• 9 months later...

Our online status states:

30 April 2012 application received

09 May 2012 application being processed further

Primary applicant:

09 May 2012 further info requested (medicals and ceritifed copies of passports and birth certificates were requested, uploaded 10 May 2012)

10 May 2012 Health requirements finalised

10 Oct 2011 medicals received (we did our medicals in 2011 intended for a PR application but PR nomination was refused that is why we are gioing through

the 457 route)

dependents

30 April 2012 Health requirements outstanding

I emailed HOC asking status of medical of my dependents and they replied all our health results has already been assessed and finalised. How come my online status indicates my dependents medicals are outstanding when it has already been finalised before we even lodge the 457 application? The CO was provided with the ID numbers from HOC to locate the results and obviously he was able to locate my result.

Should I be worried that CO did not update the status of my dependents medicals?