Thinking of Melbourne Bricklaying

PIPMOSS

Hi All,

In the last 2 weeks 2 bricklayers have moved from brisbane to melbourne to chase work and have found it , thinking off doing the same myself with the crew we have and was wondering if anyone knows what the situation is for bricklayers down there .

Things seem to be getting slower in brisbane and we are now down to 3 days a week with the odd week off (like next week ).

Any feed back would be good to know .

Kind Regards

Phil Moss

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Phil

I have been away from Melbourne for a few months now, but when i was down there brickies could walk in to a job, although you would have to be self employed and if you have your own crew/tools that would be a bonus. They were paying approx $1 per brick.

Kate

melbourne west side ie point cook,williams landing are going ok but Geelong is the area that will take off next 3 months as there will be 3 major sites starting all at once ie Armstrong Creek,Drysdale and Torquay plus other sites still unfinished. Around 36,000 new homes to be built over next few years was quoted in the Geelong Advertiser.I am in a gang getting $28 per hour and they price work at 90 c a brick. Word has it Melbourne is slowing down so consider Geelong its not paradise but plenty of work.

Thanks ihanabell

I am looking at coming down next week to have a look, then if i can find a bit of work i shall becoming back down with the tools and the rest of the gang .

We have a 3 & 1 gang looking at coming down there with me as things are not moving at all in brisbane.

Once again thanks and i shall have a look around Geelong

Kind Regards

Phil Moss

Guest hannash

hey pipmoss ,i replyed to one of your threads a while back ,,just wondering would you fly in fly home if you were to go to melbourne ,,,my cousins a plumber on the sites ,,he says its not busy atall in brisbane

hi hannash

yes we are looking at trying to keep are builders in queensland as well, so we are looking at flying in and out of melbourne once the ute and tools are down there.

Brisbane is very quite we have 3 builders and they don't have a lot of work at the minute we are doing 3 days a week at best .

Kind Regards

Phil Moss

Guest hannash

without hitting the panic button just yet ,as far as were concerned if its that bad that could decide if we come or just validate ,we`ll not have a big pile of cash with us ,good luck in melbourne by the way ,let us know how you get on

Archived