Partner (offshore) - straight to permanent??

JoandJon

Hi all,

My hubby is waiting for his partner visa (offshore) to come through and I was wondering if they ever go straight to permanent without the temporary visa?

We sent in the application 20/6/11, been married since 1/5/2010, and have lived together since May 2008.

We included evidence of all of the above with the initial application and I'm just curious if anyone's been granted the permanent visa straight away before?

Cheers!

Hi all,

My hubby is waiting for his partner visa (offshore) to come through and I was wondering if they ever go straight to permanent without the temporary visa?

We sent in the application 20/6/11, been married since 1/5/2010, and have lived together since May 2008.

We included evidence of all of the above with the initial application and I'm just curious if anyone's been granted the permanent visa straight away before?

Cheers!

Quite a few people on the spouse visa thread have been granted the permanent (100) visa straight away. Not in that boat myself so can't really help but if you have a flick back through some of the older posts on that thread you'll see that it is possible. If you already meet the requirements for the permanent visa when you apply then there's a good chance that's what you'll be granted.

Guest Guest31881

Hi, When I applied you had to prove you had been together for 5 years to get PR. I believe it is now 3 years. if you have sent proof in that you have been together for at least 3 years or more, with proof covering every year. Then i think you stand a good chance of getting PR straight away.

Guest GoldCoastMag

My hubby was granted the 100, so yes it can be given. We also gave proof from each of the years and the CO was happy with the evidence.

Back home on the Gold Coast 1 year and loving it.

It would be brilliant if they do give hubby PR immediately, if only to avoid the pain of the same paperwork gathering and waiting game in two years time.

So now it's keeping fingers crossed for two things - that he gets a partner visa before flying out on the 8th November, and that it's straight to PR.....

C'mon LG, be nice..... be generous...... I'd offer chocolates etc if it wouldn't risk being accused of bribery!

It would be brilliant if they do give hubby PR immediately, if only to avoid the pain of the same paperwork gathering and waiting game in two years time.

So now it's keeping fingers crossed for two things - that he gets a partner visa before flying out on the 8th November, and that it's straight to PR.....

C'mon LG, be nice..... be generous...... I'd offer chocolates etc if it wouldn't risk being accused of bribery!

Another bonus would be that by moving on a PR visa he would be entitled to the extra baggage allowance for a permanent migrant.

Hi all,

Cheers!

My son (also called Jon) got a permanent spouse visa straightaway, when he applied. His wife Jo is Australian and they had been married for 3 ys when he applied. It was however onshore as he had been in Sydney for 7 years on a business visa. Don`t know if this helps but at least it shows that you can get a permanent spouse visa without having to do the 2 year temp phase first

Good luck

Fiz

Archived