? visa revoked. very worried

yumimumi

hi just want a bit of advice

we have been granted a 175 visa and are flying to Sydney on 9 October. My OH is a boilermaker by trade and is hopefully wanting to get a job on a FIFO in WA.

The other day he had a text message from a bloke claiming to be from a well known company offering a possible position on a FIFO. My OH had an apparant phone interview last week, where a "scottish bloke" interviewed him, one of the first questions asked were "DO YOU TAKE DRUGS", my OH admitted to smoking cannabis ten years ago, which we didnt think would be a problem, but now the supposed employer have text him stating that due to this admission the application for the job has failed, this information would be passed on to the australian embassy and may jeopardise our visa application.

My OH was jubious about the initial job offer due to the fact, it seemed to good to be true, money wise $72. I didnt think employers could access information from the australian embassy about tradesmen coming into oz, but when my OH asked where the company had obtained his telephone number from and details, he was told by the Embassy. We are concerned now that this will affect us getting to OZ.

Any advise would be great please.

Regards Nicola x

Guest siamsusie

Hi Yumimumi,

Having just read this out to my husband who has worked in the mines for yonks, his reaction was total Bull Manure!

You have your visa in any event, but you never admit to participating in drugs in any event to complete strangers.

Alcohol and drug testing is a regular occurance in the mines!

The whole affair sounds very unsavoury apart from the hourly rate!

Dont worry.

Susie x

Without digging out my own Visa, I am sure that DIAC do not divulge your details to 3rd parties in any event. x

Guest guest30038

Agree with Sooz. The privacy laws in Oz are very strict.

Your O/H doesn't have a Scottish mate does he? Sounds like someone taking the plss..........at the very least, someone known to him who knows your phone No.