Brisbane short term lets Fortitude Valley - anyone used?

paisleylass

Hey all! We are now at the stage of needing to book short term accommodation for our arrival in Brisbane. I've mainly been looking at Stayz, and there are 3 small apartments in Fortitude Valley run by the same owners that look quite good - fine for a couple, handy location, use of pool! I wondered if anyone on PIO had stayed in one and could share their thoughts? I don't want to book and find it's a noisy hell-hole! I suspect all the reviews posted on Stayz are a selection of the best.

Link to one of the apartments is here http://www.stayz.com.au/65363

Guest guest30038
Hmmm - had second thoughts about spending 4 weeks in a noisy inner city area and am looking at Kedron instead!

You do right. Fortitude Valley is China Town during the day and Clubland/Pick up a Hooker at night/early morning

You do right. Fortitude Valley is China Town during the day and Clubland/Pick up a Hooker at night/early morning

:biggrin: Thank you, I trust the opinion of a local! I disregarded Kedron at first thinking it would be awkward with no train station handy, but it turns out there's a decent bus service to keep us going til we get our own transport!

I kinda found out the Fortitude Valley apartments are also known as Bonapartes, which gets bad reviews on Tripadvisor. Although they are separately managed, I was v concerned about noise issues, and someone did comment on the possible presence ladies of the night! We'll be working, not backpacking, and need some kip!

Booked Kedron. No use of pool, but should get some kip :wink:

Looking at Kedron for long term as well - decent rents around considering it's so handy for the big city! However my fave is still Northgate, but good to start looking at a few options!

Parts of Kedron have MAJOR road/tunnel/busway works happening at the moment - make sure you have not booked close to it.

See here: http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.414795,153.035077&z=17&t=k&nmd=20110708 (Click Personal Use if prompted)

Hi, I am also from Paisley and will be hopefully head to Perth soon but my brother has lived in Kedron for many years and might be in a position to advise you of the area. if you want to chat with him i can PM you his detiails.

Diane x

my husbands references are being checked at the moment, so hoping an offer will be made very soon.

we also have our house on the market and the job offer will give us about 8 weeks to get there so may have to rent also.

have you hd many views or any interest.

di x

Not even bothered marketing for sale heheh, nothing in our area has sold for anywhere near what we paid in the past 4 months, and we're not prepared to waste time and money getting it all neat for selling - there are boxes everywhere! - just to lose a significant chunk of money. So renting it is.

Even houses near us that are on the market for £20k and £30k less than we paid seem to be getting no interest!

Good luck to hubby with his job offer, sounds like you are also quite far along!

Archived