Sleepless Nights!!

Guest Andy & Rach

Guest Andy & Rach

I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel like this but I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last 2 weeks (since we made the decision to appy and started collating documents etc) and we haven't even applied yet!!!!

Just so excited but also lie awake worrying about getting all the right documents/being approved......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

I know of only one reliable cure for visa-induced insomnia. The cure comes in a bottle and is called Australian Wine.

Cheers

Gill

Hi there,

You're not alone, I was exactly the same. Didn't relax properly until I got a case officer. That was first week in August and now I'm just BORED OF WAITING!!!

You're emotions probably wont settle down until you actually get the visa, it's such a life changing event that it's no surprise we get no sleep, still, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end,

Gill's right, wine certainly helps!!

Bec x

Guest kiwi&jane

hiya bec, i'v been like that since we booked the flights, im full of anxiety, and my head is like a washing machine thinking all kinds all the time, i just cant switch off, your not on your own hun.jane x:wubclub:

Guest The Greens

When I started the process for us, I was exactly the same, not sleeping, when I did drop off to sleep, I was talking in a half sleep half awake state, it was murder. Then when the TRA stuff went off, I was OK and started sleeping again. It was like someone switching a light on and off. Then when it came back in about 3 weeks with an O.K response it felt great. So stick at it, it will all be worth it in the end. :yes:

Emmy Green

home

Viva Australia

Guest Gollywobbler
just wait till you start checking emails at 6 in the morning before you go to work lol

stick with it ..:biglaugh:

Hi Keily

God, you are soooooo right about checking e-mails at midnight and again at 6am, I remember it only too vividly.

Whilst we were waiting for Mum's visa last year, I had no difficulty whatsoever in waking up at 5.30am every day, bounding out of bed and sitting at the pooter to see if there was ay news from Oz.

This bit DOES go back to normal. Just over a year later, I had a 9.30am meeting in the office today (uncivilised, in my opinon. 11am is much more reasonable.) I set the alarm for 7 and it duly went off. I hit the Snooze button repeatedly (the thing provides fresh wake-up calls every 15 minutes) till 8.30am when I finally thought, "Right. You have taken it to the wire. Get OUT of This Bed This Instant."

Cheers

Gill

Guest MarknNana
just wait till you start checking emails at 6 in the morning before you go to work lol

That's what we've been doing for nearly 4 weeks now :biglaugh::arghh:

Mark and Alex

Guest maxxangel
I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel like this but I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last 2 weeks (since we made the decision to appy and started collating documents etc) and we haven't even applied yet!!!!

Just so excited but also lie awake worrying about getting all the right documents/being approved......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

It comes and goes throughout the process I think. There have been times when I've managed to settle and not worry about it until I get news for the next step. Then it starts all over again. I have the feeling that I'll only get worse when we actually get the visa.

Cara

Guest MarknNana
You had your police checks back quick. Derbyshire police managed to stretch it out to the full 40 days for us!:sad:

They told us 2 to 4 weeks so we were really surprised to get them after only 1!!!!

Shows that the German civil servants are better than we thought :v_SPIN:

Guest Working to fish

Thank god i'm not the only one keilly. i check mine at 6 in the morniing and i dont mind telling you i even do it before opening the curtains.

eddie,tina:biglaugh::biglaugh:

You will get used to insomnia - right up until my last night in the UK I was having dreadful nights. My last night I didn't sleep at all - I was up and in my parents room at 5 in the morning chatting with them!

The jetlag then kicks in making sleep interesting and here we are 2 weeks in and still not sleeping properly. We think perhaps once we have our own home we may find it different and actually sleep at night!

Felicity:SLEEP:

Guest JoanneHattersley

we`ve been here almost three years and we still get up excited and laughing.

We were driving home from Indooroopilly shops today and we smiled & shouted "WE LIVE HERE!"

:jiggy:

HI

Insomnia seems to be par for the course in this whole process! I don't think I've really slept 'properly' since we decided to apply. We received our visda in May and I now lie awake at about 3am thinking about the house sale, the move etc...II think 'go with the flow' must be the motto of the day!

Hope it all goes well for you

Mandy x

Guest Andy & Rach
we`ve been here almost three years and we still get up excited and laughing.

We were driving home from Indooroopilly shops today and we smiled & shouted "WE LIVE HERE!"

:jiggy:

Lol-I love it!! Can just imagine us being exactly the same!! WHEN we get there (thinking positive!)

Thanks everyone....although not looking forward to months and months of nerve-wracking days and sleepless nights-but it will be worth it in the end!!

:wacko:

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi Guys

yep ive been there too and got the tshirt it was horrible go to bed have an hour sleep then pace the house till bout five in the morn this was all over my tra wife bought me some nytol didnt work it lasted bout 2wks then i settled dow again am at the point now where we r just bored waiting for our case file Number then once we get that it will start all over again but hey wat a small price to pay to escape this god forsacken dump

Ron

Guest jonseywife

Hi guys

It's so nice to know your not alone & going completely mad !!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

We are lucky enough to have our visa, and fingers crossed will be out in Oz soon (all depending on the house sale going throught of course!!) so I'm still having sleepless nights !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although much to my annoyance, my OH does'nt have that problem, and is sleeping like a baby & snoring his head off most nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arghh:

I'm sure it will all be worth it folks, good luck to you all ....................... See you in Oz !!!!!!!!

Sally-ann

p.s. The wine definately helps !!!!!!!!!!!!

God this post brings back memeories - I don't think my sleep pattern has ever restored itself. When you get the visa you feel really euphoric then start getting anxious again worrying if you'll get everything done in time.

The other day I bought some new swim wear for the children and put it away for xmas, I couldn't stop smiling to myself - how cool is that? swim wear that they'll use on xmas day - not a jumper, gloves or hat in sight - found myself grinning like a cheshire cat

Ali

Guest ontheup

On blow up beds as of tonight, so guess what.... been awake since 3am:twitcy:. So I gets up and figures it aint all bad cos now I'm awake I can ring Oz and get all the little jobs done schools etc that I would have had to stay up for another night but ......

NO cos its a dam holiday and no one is at work - typical.

Its now 4.50am and wondering whether I should go back to bed or just stick it out!!:wacko:

Guest Helaine

I agree with sally...what is about the oh's that they just sleep and snore till the morning:SLEEP:i dont even try to go to bd before midnight now as i would lay awake stressing over whether we get sponsorship or not and its not even me being sponsored.........i'm certainly glad i'm not the only one on here getting way stressed out.....:wacko:

Archived