TRYING to emigrate !

gilliantay

It would appear that TRYING is the word........

Sent skills assessment to ANMC 15th June

Skills assessment passed 23rd August

STNI lodged (No Agent) 23rd August

and now we wait..........................................yes, I know it is early days

I work as a Registered Nurse in an Acute Medical Setting and would really like to move to Oz.

My sister emigrated 4 years ago and I was out visiting her in February of this year. Took OH to get his reaction and he loved it as did young son.

Have been visiting this site for a few weeks now (dipping in and out) and have taken the plunge and registered.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted...............

Although I have a skill that is in demand, I am worried due to

1) Age - I am 44

2) OH - he has no skills to speak of

The computer rules my life at the moment as I log on every morning to see if I have any emails that will say that we are one step further in the process

Anyway, here's to good news in the not too distant future.

Guest clayton gang
It would appear that TRYING is the word........

Sent skills assessment to ANMC 15th June

Skills assessment passed 23rd August

STNI lodged (No Agent) 23rd August

and now we wait..........................................yes, I know it is early days

I work as a Registered Nurse in an Acute Medical Setting and would really like to move to Oz.

My sister emigrated 4 years ago and I was out visiting her in February of this year. Took OH to get his reaction and he loved it as did young son.

Have been visiting this site for a few weeks now (dipping in and out) and have taken the plunge and registered.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted...............

Although I have a skill that is in demand, I am worried due to

1) Age - I am 44

2) OH - he has no skills to speak of

The computer rules my life at the moment as I log on every morning to see if I have any emails that will say that we are one step further in the process

Anyway, here's to good news in the not too distant future.

Keep your chin it can take it's time but, it will be worth it in the end. We just got our visas after a long wait. It's the waiting that gets to you. My o/h is 45 so don't worry. Plenty of work out there.

Clayton Gang

Hi, Your age won't matter I was 41 when we moved and had my 43rd birthday shortly after. I was on a course earlier in the week and talking to another UK nurse (there must be a shortage in the UK now), whose hubby works at Bunnings (equiv of B&Q), he used to work at Wicks in UK - they're settled and happy, she works part time and they wouldn't swop it for anything. I'm sure your OH would pick something up no problem.

Ali

Hi there,

I can't help with the age thing but your OH needn't worry about a lack of skills. I'm sure he can find something that he can do. My OH complains he is unskilled - in the UK he was a HGV driver and this isn't transferrable here. He will get there in the end and find work doing his thing - your OH is bound to be the same.

Keep going - there is light at the end of the tunnel - it's Australia

Felicity:cute:

Guest JoanneHattersley

Im an RN and work in BRissie. We came over on a 457 long stay business visa and were made permanent residents this year

It is a wait but it is so worth it. Where u heading to when u get here?

Thanks for replying to my post.....

If successful, we aim to move to the Geelong area as my sister lives there and I have other family who have lived in that area for years.

Went to Sydney to see what that was like but although we loved it, couldn't envisage ourselves living there.

To all you nurses out there - is the job much the same as the UK?

OH is a self employed taxi driver here but does not want to do that in Oz. He checked out the cost of a taxi plate and it is sooooo expensive.

He rather sees himself lying by the pool with a cold bottle in his hand. I think he needs a reality check !!

Gill, Jimmy (OH) and Scott (12)

Archived