The Ultimate Aussie Package- Year long Working Holiday

Guest James Kimmins

Guest James Kimmins

Hi, I'm going to Australia from 1st October on a year long working holiday with Real Gap, sort of like a gap year but three years after graduating!

Has anyone here done the same programme? I'm hoping to see as much of Australia as I can and just experience the whole place, meet new people etc...

They guarantee job offers, mostly fruit picking and factory work

My only concerns are where to stay after the first week and getting enough money together.

Has anyone got experiences of Real Gap or are you about to go on a working holiday?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm going to Australia from 1st October on a year long working holiday with Real Gap, sort of like a gap year but three years after graduating!

Has anyone here done the same programme? I'm hoping to see as much of Australia as I can and just experience the whole place, meet new people etc...

They guarantee job offers, mostly fruit picking and factory work

My only concerns are where to stay after the first week and getting enough money together.

Has anyone got experiences of Real Gap or are you about to go on a working holiday?

Hey Mate, have you put any money down for your Real Gap thing or not?

If you havent, then DONT! They are a complete shambles.

I have heard nothing but bad from them, and I think they completely over charge. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put other wbaddresses in here, so if I'm not, then really sorry. but if you go to http://www.gapyear.com and do a search for Real Gap, it will explain what I mean. Their garuntee of work, isn't worth the paper it's writen on, and they will only "help" you find work.

If you have put money down, then go for it, cut your losses, take as much as you can get from Real Gap, and enjoy your time in Oz. You will have a blast! It's really easy to find casual work if you are up for anything, and you will meet sooo many people in the same boat! I'm jelous, I did the trip last year.

If you havent booked anything, then a good one to try is Ozintro. I had my first week in Sydney with them, and had the time of my life!! They were complete legends, and din't rip me off either. They had an Office in Coogee, but I think they have just moved into the city.

Like I said, if you are tied into Real Crap, then just roll with it, you will be fine, it just might be a rather expensive first week in Sydney! Have a blast, and good luck.

Anna. X

Guest James Kimmins

Thanks for the replies. I've already paid the full amount and trying to get together enough money to at least survive until I get a job- but it's going to be great.

I was going to go with STA Travel but they are much more of a rip-off. They showed me the 2010 price list and said that the cost this year is £100 more than last year!

Real Gap was much more simple and better value compared to STA, and the call centre is very helpful and knowledgeable. The insurance might be a rip-off.

Thanks for the information, I'll keep my eyes open. I've been ripped-off so many times by recruitment agencies and over priced travel agents I should've done more research but so far so good.

Archived