Guest Gothic Rose

Guest Gothic Rose

Hi I'm in the process of getting all my documents together for my Spouse Visa,

Visa Form complete

I have stat decs,

Police checks,

filled in Form 80

filled in forms for medical when it's requested

Now as my husband & myself haven't seen each other for 18 months, we know this is likely to be a big hurdle for us regarding proof of relationship. I've taken screen shots of my emails showing over a thousand emails between us. now I do have lots of cards he has sent me, do I photocopy them, as I'd be a bit concerned about some of whats written as it's of an intimate nature. what other documentation can I use as proof of relationship. As we have been living in separate countries & thus have no joint bills etc. We have a joint bank account in Aus, but we dont use it often, so it isn't a very active account.

My husband is coming over in a couple of weeks so that could give us more photographs. Most of our photos are separate as either one of us was taking the photo of the other at the time:laugh: But I'm sure if we ask friends to take some pics of us we can add them to the few we already have, other than wedding pics.

So any suggestions welcome

Thanks Gothic Rose :wubclub:

Hi Rose:smile:..i don't know whether stat decs cover it, but whenever i've submitted proof of documentation to Aus House, i also always write a personal letter, so wondered if it would help if you could convey in a letter the nature of your relationship..sometimes i think you can say in your own words a whole lot more of what your about..just a thought?..all the best with everything:wink:..maybe your nosey neighbours could help out..lol x

Send the 'less intimate cards' my brother submitted letters that his then girlfriend (now wife) had sent him from Aus when he had returned to the UK (due to visa), she did come over to the Uk and they did live together too.

Guest Gothic Rose
Hi Rose:smile:..i don't know whether stat decs cover it, but whenever i've submitted proof of documentation to Aus House, i also always write a personal letter, so wondered if it would help if you could convey in a letter the nature of your relationship..sometimes i think you can say in your own words a whole lot more of what your about..just a thought?..all the best with everything:wink:..maybe your nosey neighbours could help out..lol x

I've also done a long letter about our relationship. But I think I'll leave the nosey neighbours out as they have already told me my Visa is approved & I wouldn't want to disillusion them that there all seeing eye is a bit premature:biglaugh:

I've also done a long letter about our relationship. But I think I'll leave the nosey neighbours out as they have already told me my Visa is approved & I wouldn't want to disillusion them that there all seeing eye is a bit premature:biglaugh:

Good one Rose:wink:..wait till your hubbie arrives..curtains will be twitching then:yes: x

Guest GeorgeD

You’ll have to explain why you have been living in separate countries but are still in a genuine relationship. This isn’t impossible…My wife and I lived on opposite sides of the world for 2 years, got married in the UK then she went back to Oz 5 days later, so we had never lived together before applying (successfully!) for the Spouse Visa. We applied two months after getting married, when we were still 10,000 miles apart. We argued that we couldn’t live together as I hadn’t residency rights to live in Australia, and she didn’t come back to the UK as her daughter had settled there and it was the best place for her to be brought up. We said that once I had a visa with residency, I intended to join them immediately as this was the only reason for us to be apart. This was never questioned by my CO, we were only asked for further relationship evidence.

You’re maybe slightly better off than we were for documentation in that you have a joint bank account. We never even had this. You just need to be creative with your evidence. If either of you are going to be in the same country, get both names on car insurance, even if it is just for a visit. Get wills made with each other as beneficiaries if you don’t already have this. Married couples should have it anyway, and it isn’t suspicious that you have just had them done, the visa process has focussed your mind and made you realise you didn’t have them. Do you log in to the joint account online? If not, do it…get a copy of the IP addresses from the different countries logging in via a security report. Not all banks do this, but my wife’s bank could list the last 20 logins and their IP addresses. It was her account, but she gave me the password details to manage her money…so not even a joint account but it shows a joint financial commitment (sort of!) IP addresses can be traced to a general location so they can show that you have both logged into the same account from different countries at roughly the same times. Name each other as beneficiaries of any life insurance policies (this may be as part of a pension or Super agreement, etc)

Cards and letters aren’t great evidence, so don’t feel like you have to include every single one. A key thing to remember is that you aren’t trying to prove that you have lived together for any length of time. Firstly, that hasn’t actually happened, so don’t feel under any pressure to try and prove you have, and secondly, it isn’t a requirement of the Spouse Visa anyway! You DO need to prove a mutual commitment going forward and explain any time spent apart. The commitment going forward is assessed on the basis of the info in the Partner Migration Booklet. If you can provide at least one piece of proof (preferably not photo, card between you, or statutory declaration) then your application will be much more smooth. You already have a joint financial commitment (joint account), so the more of those you can dig up the better. I went to visit my wife in Oz whilst my application was being processed. While there we signed up for a lease on a new apartment for her and the Property Manager let me put my name on it despite me not being a resident. We then submitted that to my CO as further evidence (a joint financial commitment going forward.) New evidence might come up even after you apply, so don’t feel as though it is too late to use it either.

Guest Gothic Rose

Thanks for your responses everyone. Good idea George have asked husband to enquire with lawyer friends about setting up wills for us.

More ideas most appreciated thanks :wubclub: