Office Manager Qualifications Help Please!!

helenr

Hi

I am a 42 year old Office Manager with 13 years experience in engineering and aviation and an Level 3 in Management. We are looking to get to ACT but I am not sure if my qualification is enough? After trying various Visas for hubby this looks like our last chance!

Any advice from you clever people out there would be geratly received!!

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,

I applied for the 176 State Sponsored (ACT) Visa as a 'Contracts Manager' - my role in the UK was as a 'office manager' of a team in a University - a lot of HR, staff management, appraisal etc, as well as carrying out a specific legal/contracts function. There wasn't really any category in the skills list that fitted my post exactly, but i would advise reading through the detailed descriptions carefully as I bet some of the categories will have requirements that you do/can do in your UK post. Have you checked with the ACT Business and Migration Dept. If you are using an agent, check with them as our agent gave us great advice as to what job category to apply for based on asking me lots of questions about my UK job role: it was worth it using the agent for this alone. Hope this might help you a wee bit.

Steven

Archived