Looking for visa advice please help :)

beaga

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me ?????

I spent 2yrs in Australia on a WHV and returned to UK 3 months ago. Whilst in Australia I worked most of my time in the shearing industry . For about 18months i travelled from team to team. I was a woolhandler but in the last 4 months was taught to shear. I obtained a certificate in woolhandling level 2 but was unable to gain sponsorship as they ask for level 3 or 4 in wool classing or shearing . I am unable to study these courses as an international student , and they are unavailable in the UK. I really enjoyed working in this industry and would love to come back to Australia . My previous boss is willing to sponcer me but I really dont think I will qualify without qualifications. I know there is a real big shortage of shearers and wool handlers over there a the moment . I dont have any qualifications for the skilled migration , and before I travelled to Australia I worked as Cabin Crew . I have a boyfriend over there who is Australian we met while on WHV but have only been living together for 6 months so do not qualify for de-facto.

If anybody has any advice for me I would be grateful

Thanks you xxx

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Beaga

I don't know the answers to your questions, but wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.

Kate

Hi , thanks for taking the time to read n reply much appreciated :)

I looked into studying in NZ but the qualification you obtain can only be used in NZ :( So to work in Australia you still need the Australian qualification .My boyfriend is australian so would really like to return there.

I have been searching all kinds of avenues and was thinking of going back on a tourist visa 676 for 6 months ??? on the immi web site it says

"This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months"

The Woolclassing qualification normally takes 6 months but a tutor I was in contact with says it can be done in 3 if I work really hard and do some study before I start course maybe on-line in UK . Im just not sure if this is allowed ??? or will I get into trouble using this visa ??? can anybody help

thank you xx

Archived