Help needed from Hospital workers

Guest mandjtooz

Guest mandjtooz

Hello,

I am in need of some help from people that work in Hospitals throughout Australia. I am looking to move to Australia in the next few years and i am looking into jobs over there but i have such an unusual job it is so hard. In the UK i am a mortuary technician but in Australia i would look to be a post mortem assistant. I have found 2 adverts for roles in this area but they are both years old and i cant even find info on mortuaries. I know that in Hospitals they are called either Department or Institutes of Forensic Medicine. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that was working within a hospital that could get a contact name and number, or email address.

I have a couple but they are from the job adverts so i have no idea if they are still there and active.

Even finding out the job code for a visa has been a bit of a nighmare!!

Any help would be great,

Michelle

Must admit never seen an ad for this job. I guess people who do Forensic Science may be involved in this work.

I think you would have to look at the Health sites and approach the hospitals direct to find out if there are vacancies.

You may need to look all over Aus as well.

Google is your friend.

Guest Dave53

I work in the health service industry in the Sydney area . I can tell you that the vast majority of PM's are conducted at the city of Sydney morgue at Glebe in Inner Sydney . All hospitals have mortuaries but only hold the deceased for a short time , either before pick up by funeral companies or before transport to Glebe Morgue . There is a link to the Glebe setup here http://www.forpeaceofmind.com.au/vol2/forensicmedicine.cfm... This would be a good starting point ... Best of luck and I hope I have been of help..

Dave C

PS: Another site that would be checking out is this one http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/ ( my employer !! )

Erm its not a hospital but, you might get some information from funeral homes such bowra and O'Dea they might have some better contacts for the hospitals. In WA i kno the state mortuary is within Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital - id ring their switch and get put thro to the mortuary n speak to the manager directly. Hope this helps x