Hotels for families in Melbourne

justin&chelle

Helpppppppppp!!!!!!!! We are a family of four going to Melbourne Australia in August to get our visa's stamped, we have not yet booked our hotel.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Melbourne or near by. We plan to use the hotel as a base, so that we can visit Berrick, Mt Martha and a few more areas we would like to move too.

Any help would be welcome, thank-you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :arghh:

Helpppppppppp!!!!!!!! We are a family of four going to Melbourne Australia in August to get our visa's stamped, we have not yet booked our hotel.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Melbourne or near by. We plan to use the hotel as a base, so that we can visit Berrick, Mt Martha and a few more areas we would like to move too.

Any help would be welcome, thank-you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :arghh:

We'll be watching this thread as we will be in the same position the early part of next year when we make the move.

Also where to look for a short term let would be helpfully, we've looked at real estate.com - anywhere else?

Justin I see your from Essex where abouts were from Leigh on sea.

A.

We'll be watching this thread as we will be in the same position the early part of next year when we make the move.

Also where to look for a short term let would be helpfully, we've looked at real estate.com - anywhere else?

Justin I see your from Essex where abouts were from Leigh on sea.

A.

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/melbourne-rental-accommodation.htm

Kate from Moving to Melbourne has places available all over Melbourne. August is fairly short notice, so you might be a bit restricted on choice, but try dropping her a line.

www.stayz.com.au

If you are looking for a place for 3-4 weeks (normal to start with) you can negotiate better deals in many cases.

www.gumtree.com.au (but you need to be wary of scammers)

and our place of course :wink: www.hillviewmonbulk.com.au

Good luck.

Paul.

Guest readfamily

hi paul how far is your place from mount waverley,we should be moving over next month but are still waiting on visas ,so dont have defo dates yet

hi paul how far is your place from mount waverley,we should be moving over next month but are still waiting on visas ,so dont have defo dates yet

about 40/45 minutes depending on traffic.

not sure if this link will work.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Monbulk,+Victoria&daddr=Mount+Waverley,+Victoria&hl=en&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=40.623237,86.572266&geocode=FfUVvv0d6LuqCCmDOzV5XybWajHA6IwhdVYEBQ%3BFS4Pvv0dWX-mCClTbvplJmvWajHw2owhdVYEBQ&mra=ls&z=12

Guest readfamily

thanks for the info paul but i will be working in mount waverley so think that will be to long a drive everyday,my new employer sent me some details on hotels nearby but 170 dollars a night seems a bit high,i will be moving over with a freind who has a job at smae place as myself,my family will follow in a month or so ,so trying to keep the cost down.

thanks anyway i will continue my search

Guest Robyn V

Hi

I have just helped a family in Glen Waverley, - right next to Mt Waverley they stayed at the Quest Apartments there, it is right next to "The Glen" shopping centre so getting supplies was easy. If you are booking for a long stay +28 days, they will give you a better rate. There is a company called Park Avenue Accommodation, they have various townhouses up that way too. Its about a 30 minute train ride into the city from there.

Guest The Pom Queen
thanks for the info paul but i will be working in mount waverley so think that will be to long a drive everyday,my new employer sent me some details on hotels nearby but 170 dollars a night seems a bit high,i will be moving over with a freind who has a job at smae place as myself,my family will follow in a month or so ,so trying to keep the cost down.

thanks anyway i will continue my search

Hello you, just realised who you are:wubclub:

Archived