How Much Holidays do you get in Oz

newjez

Guest siamsusie
12 years paid leve and counting...:jiggy:

In the Main Roads Dept, WA, we got 7 weeks plus 1 week travel allowance if we lived in the Kimberlies.

Cheers, Bobj.

Personally I think its good here Bob.. good sick pay, compassionate leave pay, hols and very heavily subsidised rail travel in Aus and Europe.

A lot better than the UK.

I forgot the long service leave - that would even it up.

I once worked with a guy in the mines dept in WA that had two and half years holiday stored up, plus half a year of LSV. I guess some guys just love their jobs too much to take a break.

Guest tandcmum

Herer in the UK i work for the NHS and get a total of 33 days annual leave plus 8 days pubic hols (as i have to work public hols into my normal weekly rota it means i get 8 weeks and 2 days off per year)

I certainly wouldn't say that my job isn't in th real world!!!!!!!!

I don't think I will get as much in Oz

Guest Edkelly1976

You do not get the queens Birthday off in the uk - you're telling porky pies!! I'm a public sector worker and I guarantee you we're all in on the second Monday in June!!

Guest siamsusie
You do not get the queens Birthday off in the uk - you're telling porky pies!! I'm a public sector worker and I guarantee you we're all in on the second Monday in June!!

Welcome to Poms In Oz Edkelly,

I actually have never heard of the Queens Birthday holiday in the UK, is this an official date?

Susie

Guest Edkelly1976

Ironically, in the UK, there is no bank holiday for the Queens birthday, but there is in oz!!

Guest siamsusie
Ironically, in the UK, there is no bank holiday for the Queens birthday, but there is in oz!!

Yes WA celebrates 3rd October

We celebrated over east 13th June.

Its strange how it isnt celebrated in the UK.

Guest Edkelly1976

I was amused when I discovered that Australia celebrated this but the uk didn't!! I noticed oz have 10 bank holidays as standard, in comparison to the UK's 8 (we have 9 this year and next due to various royal happenings).

I'm currently going through application process - can't wait to get visa - heading for Melbourne - wife is accountant I'm an auditor - am hoping all these positive lifestyle stories are true!!

Guest siamsusie

My advice would be to look at the negatives as well.

We have a very active "moving back to the Uk thread" which you might like to look through also.

Each and everyone of us has a different experience and both sides of the coin are to be respected.

Me I love it here, but I am not blinded by its faults which every country has.

Please also feel free to join our sister site in Victoria http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/

Good luck

Susie

My advice would be to look at the negatives as well.

We have a very active "moving back to the Uk thread" which you might like to look through also.

Each and everyone of us has a different experience and both sides of the coin are to be respected.

Me I love it here, but I am not blinded by its faults which every country has.

Please also feel free to join our sister site in Victoria http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/

Good luck

Susie

I think you need a holiday Susie:cool:

In the UK I get 5 weeks holiday plus bank hols.. and work 35hr week...

The job I've been offered in Aus only has 4 weeks hols and 40hr week, but when you think about all the other benefits it's worth it! (I hope!!)

I'll be working for another group company but because it is a seperate entity I have to resign from my UK company and sign a new contract for my Aus company. So the 6 years I've worked for the UK company won't count towards my LSL. :o( Even though the company has the same name/logo/values etc.

Archived