Electrician granted a visa

Guest turboman

Guest turboman

Hi guys,

After a real battle I have been granted my visa :)

Before this I was always on the net looking for information about Vetasse electricians and about criminal records. The vetasse can be hard and alot of what they say in the old posts have changed, I can help those who want some advise.

The practical is easy but you may have problems with the star and delta motor practical.The writen exam is close to 2391 but multipul choice, I have an email telling you what to expect (March 2011 I sat the exam) I will send to those electricians worried like I was.

Also I went to prison in 2006 and got sentanced 12 months, those who think they have no chance because they draw a line at a 12 month dont give up.

You will need proof of good character, I had to work for free for a long time and helped alot of younger offenders into work also trained 3 ex offenders who are now in fulltime employment as electricians.

Repeat offenders have no hope, 2nd chances happen but not to those who repeat crime, you should learn from your mistake the first time.

I know how much stress and worry it can be to want to live in Australia, its a dream to us all. I would like to help any of you that have any questions to make it easier for you.

I have had to fill every form and answer every question out there and nearly cried when I actually managed to do it..... Goodluck guys.

hey pal, fantastic to read, i was under the impression that a custodial was a no no. I too have a record which as my agent said was quite alarming,and i was a 50/50 case.This was all when i was in my teens and the aussies ahave been gracious enough to be understanding.Im just about to do medicals so hopeful, all the best pal and we all deserve a second chance.Yes we all fall sometimes, its what we do to correct it, Hat off to you mate, best wishes down under, jules

Guest turboman

Cheers dude, its a nightmare of a worry a?

Make sure your personnal character statement is spot on, have you done one yet?

So your of doing your medical? not long now, I done mine begining of June.

Where you going? I'm moving to Perth.

hi pal our answers are crossing over, never mind, yeh iv done police checks and passed.(worrying time) iv got meds comong up just got email today.so got to upload on monday. will be going to manchester for meds, im bound for perth.Work situation not too good for spreaders.Though im multi skilled and can wall as good as plaster so can turn hand to anything.Im on a 176 state sponsored, i shouls upload my details on to the forum but cant be bothered at the mo, hope all goes well

Guest gmort

Hi turbo, first of all congrats on getting the visa, I'm just starting the process of trying to get the 457, I will have to do the Vetassess skills test, find a sponsor then apply for the 457, I'm 49 & hold a US journeyman's Electrical licence, was in the US for nearly 20 years, I have contacts over in oz but I have a lot of work to do! as you know yourself sleepless nights etc, I think I'll get through the vetassess but I do have one worry, a conviction in the 80's was pretty serious & I was inadvertently involved, don't want to mention it here, if you don't mind can you email me gmort@eircom.net I can explain the conviction to you, I also would be delighted if you could send me any info on the vetassess test, I'm pretty rusty with theory & used to the US system 110v etc. Thanks in advance.

Guest Sparky49

Hey turboman im a sparky about to embark on vetassess would love any info you have to help prepare and congrats on the visa

Thanks fella