Sitsac booster combo

OZZIES

Hi All

Does anyone know if the Sitsac Booster Combo are legal booster seat in OZ. I have been pricing hiring car seat when we go for a holiday in November. The average price I am quoted for 3 weeks is about £50.00. I was looking at buying this bag combo for them to use, as I need a new backpack each for them anyway.

They are a great idea, but if I cannot use them in OZ, then there is no point buying them.

www.hela.co.uk/sitsacproducts.htm

Any advise please.

Thanks

Donna :wink:

Hi All

Does anyone know if the Sitsac Booster Combo are legal booster seat in OZ. I have been pricing hiring car seat when we go for a holiday in November. The average price I am quoted for 3 weeks is about £50.00. I was looking at buying this bag combo for them to use, as I need a new backpack each for them anyway.

They are a great idea, but if I cannot use them in OZ, then there is no point buying them.

www.hela.co.uk/sitsacproducts.htm

Any advise please.

Thanks

Donna :wink:

I was thinking the same about the Trunki version (as seen on The Apprentice !) http://www.trunki.co.uk/products/boostapak_9/boostapak_21 :huh:

I am currently trawling through this as we are going to WA...............http://www.kidsafewa.com.au/childcarrestraints.html

Child restraints available in Australia must meet the Australian/New Zealand Standard 1754:2004 Child restraints for use in motor vehicles.

As they only mention the European standards on their safety info, I'd be willing to bet that they are not sold in Australia or tested to Australian Standards. Not 100% certain though.

I think that car seats/booster seats have to conform to Australian standards and have the appropriate symbol on (like the Aussie version of a kite mark I guess). If you are unfortunately in an accident, then your insurance may be invalidated by using the incorrect seats.

Hi

Thanks everyone for your replies, It looks like I will have to hire them this time, and buy new when me move over.

Why aren't all car seats/booster the same standard all round the world, the same cars are shipped around the world. Does the UK not care as much as in OZ, if the standard is different or less. lol.

Pity no-one has invented a universal one, just like the plugs. haha :biglaugh:

Best wishes

Donna

I don't think the standards are less in the UK or here, it is just that car seats are different. They are also fitted in to cars slightly differently, with a tether strap which fixes in to the boot of the car. I think that they are starting to use isofix, but only in certain new cars. I know that others don't like the Aussie seats, but I have two children and find them to be fine. The elder one particularly, she is still in a proper seat, rather than a booster, and we fitted on a proper five point harness (she is five).

Archived