BA/QuantasLink or Quantas/QuantasLink LHR to Canberra

Hi Folk!

Any opinions on whether it would be best to fly BA LHR to Sydney and Q-Link to Canberra, or Quantas all the way?

I'm travelling just myself with daughter 5. It would be very desirable (although I guess not essential) to take more than our basic 23Kg luggage allowance each. This only seems feasible costwise if we choose a BA operated flight through to Sydney. Fares are very similar.

I've read that Quantas service is better than BA, but wonder if it really is that much different? Seem to both have same seat pitch and entertainment facility (n.b for my daughter!).

Any views from experience greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Guest Guest31881

Have you looked at the luggage allowance of other airlines, I believe Emirates is better (30kg?) and Singapore will give double allowance if on PR visa for first visit.

Personally I tend to go Qantas and not had a bad flight or connection with them. You wont be able to book your luggage through to Canberra but will have to pick it up for customs and then walk through the terminal to the transfer desk then catch a bus to the domestic terminal.

Have you thought about flying through Melbourne? It is often a bit cheaper and IMHO easier to transit to domestic - I tend to use it more than Sydney these days even though it sounds counter intuitive.

If there are only the two of you, you probably dont want to be hassling with more than your 46kg of luggage - in fact you are probably going to struggle with it anyway as one of you is a small child.

If you go Qantas, then join up with the FF program - it's free if you join in UK - and you never know when you might welcome the points

Guest gemfromoz

Q. A. N. T. A. S.

Queensland and northern territory aviation service.

Sorry but misspelling that bursts my bubble.

On topic, i would agree with the poster above, transit in melbourne would be best :)

Guest siamsusie

I have never forgiven Qantas for charging me $860 one way Karratha to Perth near the Christmas period.. it takes a bit of getting used to them calling you mate, chewing gum and charging for drinks coupled with their mood swings.

For $860 bucks I deserve to be fawned over with Cristal Champagne :biggrin:

work.146643.11.flat,550x550,075,f.qantas-dash-8-400-vh-qoh.jpg

Melbourne to Launceston on the above aircraft is enough for me :twitcy::twitcy:

Archived