School

Guest clomo

Guest clomo

hiya i am moving to oz very soon and i am wondering what the school terms are like!

thanks

Chloe:cute:

Whereabouts in Australia are you moving to? If you are moving to ACT there are 4 terms a year and they are roughly 10 weeks each (one of them is usually 11 weeks because the school year is 41 weeks long).

School starts at the end of January (after Australia day) and goes on to the end of the week before Christmas with a 2 week holiday in between the 4 terms.

The states all have slightly different term dates - and I think maybe one or two states have 3 term years rather than the 4 terms that we have.

The states all have slightly different term dates - and I think maybe one or two states have 3 term years rather than the 4 terms that we have.

Tasmania still has 3 terms a year, so it does vary considerably. If the OP lets us know which is their destination state we can be more specific.

thank you we are going to act and then looking to go to perth!

thanks chloe!

Well the cut off date for ACT is 30 April so if your birthday falls before 30 April in the year then you will be in a school year older than if your birthday falls after 30 April. So if you turn 10 before 30 April 2011 for example you will be in year 5 in 2011 but if you turn 10 after 30 April 2011 you will be in year 4 in 2011 - I dont know how old you are but I am sure your mum and dad can work that one out.

ACT term dates http://www.det.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/52170/ACT_School_Term_Dates_2011-2015.pdf

Archived