State Sponsorship Question

hmsmark

So, I applied for Vic State Sponsorship as a secondary teacher. However, they required that I become registered as a teacher in Victoria. Sounds like it makes sense, BUT here's the problem. They are only giving me 4 months to do this.

Here's the problem: I live in the US. Victoria Teacher Registration requires a police check. The FBI takes 3 months to come back with a police check, and then Teacher Registration takes 1-3 months for processing. Victoria Institute of Teaching won't even look at my Teacher Registration packet until I have everything, including the police check. I tried contacting Victoria about giving me more time, but they say no, 4 months and then your state sponsorship application is closed. I applied for the police check, but I probably won't have anything back in time, so Vic will kill my application.

So, since Victoria probably isn't going to happen, I notice Secondary Teacher is on the South Australia list. Does anyone know if they require someone sponsored to be registered as a teacher? Or will the skills assessment be enough? If so, I would get the registration first, and then apply for sponsorship. I would have done this with Vic, but there was no information on this anywhere.

However, if they don't require teacher registration, I'll rescind my application with Vic, and apply through SA now to get things moving.

Archived