Good letting agents in Brisbane

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend any good letting agents in Brisbane (ie get things fixed on time, good communication, etc.)?

I've been having terrible trouble with ours and we'll move at the end of our lease unless the landlord changes agent. It's not until January but they're that bad I'm preparing now! The landlord seems fine but unfortunately I can't contact him/her to inform them how bad a job the agent is doing (I've no doubt they've cost them a lot of money already).

Alternatively, are there any good sources for rental properties where you can rent directly off the landlord?

Cheers, Rob

Guest guest30038

Mate, I have to be honest with you and say that IMO, they're all much of a muchness. I've been hearing complaints against agents ever since I came here 16 yrs ago and not much seems to change. Ray White, Raine & horn, L J Hooker et al............I've heard complaints about the whole sorry bunch. ............not turning up for inspections when the tenants have stayed in for 'em, repairs not done quickly enough..........the list is endless. The "rentals managers" always seem to be the youngest, inept, and most arrogant of the employees....................I think they must have to pass some sort of "ignorance" exam :goofy: :arghh:

The only folk who don't complain are those who have no need to ie, the place is alright when they move in and nothing ever needs repairing.

I too think its hit and miss with agents and boils down to the individual your dealing with rather than the Estate agent themselves.

Just becareful with Gumtree as although its a great site ,its renowned for scams.

Cal x

Guest guest30038

As Cal says, be careful with Gumtree.............a lot of people have had their fingers burned.

Guest charter

Try the courier mail for private rentals. We used Gateway in Redcliffe to manage our investments but they were a bit slack chasing missed payments. Harcourts are very professional and will hound you if you miss a payment but do inspections well etc. Century 21 gave us the runaround and we ended up having to offer 6 months in advance when we first got here as we didn't have a rental history. We owned our previous house in NZ but that didn't count, even with a written reference from the bank.

As for letting agents, it obviously depends on the area but all I can say for our landlord's agents (Graceville Reality in Sherwood) is that they were really wonderful after we were flooded in Corinda (Brisbane). They organised everything (plumber, electrician, pump out truck, cleaner, builder, decorator and pest control man) without a murmur. This help together with the Special Emergency Services, the local council, the local residents and lots of visitors who attended with petrol powered hoses and various brushes, hot food, coffee, beers, cakes and offers to charge up our mobiles got us back up and running very quickly. Australian community spirit most impressive.

Archived