An idiots guide to ~ Dentists

cartertucker

Does anyonen know if I can pop into a surgery and book an apointment to just get a very small quick proceedure done?

I have a crown that's prone to food debris getting stuck just under the gumline causing a bit of swelling and soreness... and needs a high pressure water jet to get it out. It only happens occasionally but it has happened now and I don't have a dentist yet. Nor do I want to go through the whole poceedure and cost of and a first apointment, full exam, x-rays etc.... I'm moving 250km in 3 weeks!

So do you think a dentist would do just that little thing without making me register and have the full exam?? It isn't much t ask, is it??!

You don't need to register, your free to go to whoever and wherever, you tell them what you want done, your paying the bill, lol, they will advise if it is do-able or not. :wink:

Nope, health insurance is generally a personal responsibility and even if you get private health, the amount your insurance company will fork out will be significantly less than the cost to you as a general rule.

some do Bechtel is one i know of,US company

You don't need to register, your free to go to whoever and wherever, you tell them what you want done, your paying the bill, lol, they will advise if it is do-able or not. :wink:

Great news! thanks!! :biggrin: Will try the local dentist this morning!

I've moved house so many times in the last while, any time I needed dental treatment with a new dentist I ended up paying for the initial exam before they would even look at the proceedure I needed done! :rolleyes:

Funny isn't it ? Took me forever to find this thread..and I am a semi-retired dentist from US. I never realized Aussie dental care is just as expensive as the States. I shall work in the public health sector upon graduation from the Melbourne's Special Needs Dentistry Program. Looking forward to share ideas and/or complain to fellow forum members..:wink:

Dentistry is not cheap in Oz, they charge a small fortune. I am a Podiatrist opposite end of the body but have thought many times that I should retrain as a Dentist!

Soooo, as a podiatrist, do you have any wonderful insights as to the best place to get orthotics that won't break the bank? My 5yr old NHS ones are kinda in need of replacement...:embarrassed:

Archived