Are We A Little Crazy?

charlene

Hubbie and I are bickering about "the move" at the moment (the whole process is driving us mad - what to do first, how to go about things, should we visit first etc, etc). The thing is we can't afford to go to Oz for 2 to 3 weeks due to work and son's school so hubbie reckons we should just make the move without looking in person - in an ideal world I would rather go over and see for myself . We want to go to Brisbane/Gold Coast but have no idea about which areas are nicest, cheapest, local to shops, schools etc.

Are we the only ones planning a move to Oz without ever having been there? :wubclub:

Guest kiwi&jane

hiya charlene, no your not the only ones going without ever visiting oz, myself oh, and our 3 children all fly out to oz on the 5th of november and its so scary cus its the unknown, i lie in bed at nite thinking all kinds, will the kids like it? will i like it?will we be home sick? we just dont know but were all willing to take the risk to find out, my opinion is we all only have 1 life to live and i want to take this chance in my life, to make a better life for myself oh and the children, we thought of gong first for holiday but it would of worked out far to expensive for us, we ave just paid £2,500 for the flights for 1 way.some people on here do go first and thats good if u can afford to do it, we are also heading to brisbane like yourselves, i will let u know wot its like.lol.jane x:wubclub:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hubbie and I are bickering about "the move" at the moment (the whole process is driving us mad - what to do first, how to go about things, should we visit first etc, etc). The thing is we can't afford to go to Oz for 2 to 3 weeks due to work and son's school so hubbie reckons we should just make the move without looking in person - in an ideal world I would rather go over and see for myself . We want to go to Brisbane/Gold Coast but have no idea about which areas are nicest, cheapest, local to shops, schools etc.

Are we the only ones planning a move to Oz without ever having been there? :wubclub:

Nah. We moved without having seen the place. Been here three years next February and luvin` it!

Guest yvonne & paul

Hi

We have been here 3 months Me, OH and 3 kids 11,9 and 4 and we had never been ! We are on the Sunshine coast and loving it so far. I know just what you are going through and don't worry about the bickering its only natural We like others thought we had just aswell put the money for a holiday to actually moving there, to be honest we thought if we went on holiday we were pretty sure we would love it. What you have to remember too is a holiday is different to living somewhere. Also there are so many beautiful places all over so I would say if you are not tied to anywhere, do a bit of research on a few areas you like for jobs, house prices and schools etc..then just go for it...GOOD LUCK

Yvonne

Your not mad !!!,we too planned to move here without me ever seeing the place first.Like you i fancied Brissy/Gold Coast and im so glad i did.Its fantastic,loads for the kids to do,lots of good schools,very family orientated,realistic property prices(unless your right on the coast) and lots of employment oppurtunites.Myself and hubby found work easily and had more than one job offer,i would definately save the cash you'd spend on a reccie and put it towards a car when you get here.The internet (especially Poms In Oz ,lol) is great for sourcing infomation and you can look at property on www.realestate.com to see which areas are in your budget,,good luck with everything and fire away with any questions ,someone will be able to help

Cal x

Guest GoodersGang

Hi,

If we ever sell our house we too will be off to the Brisbane area having never been. Everyday things change and we still cant decide where to live once we arive.One day its Redland Bay area next sunshine coast day after gold coast. Decisions decisions!!! The biggest factor for me will be getting it right for the kids schools. I have a job to go to so thats one problem solved. I will be in Oz on a reccie next month. Perhaps the lucky POI memebers already there can list their 3 favourite things about where they live.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!

Steve

Archived