Off Road Bikes

Gazbaz1

Evening All

Can I have some help on the following please:

Me & my son have off road motorbikes & if we were to move out to Oz I would like to take them with us. Does anybody know if this would be possible, the costs involved and would I have to register them in Oz.

Regards

Evening All

Me & my son have off road motorbikes & if we were to move out to Oz I would like to take them with us. Does anybody know if this would be possible, the costs involved and would I have to register them in Oz.

Regards

dirt bikes are very big over here, so you will get plenty of use out of them.

Here they are quite expensive, so look at the value if you were to buy here:

www.bikesales.com.au or www.ebay.com.au

(probably take off 10-20% for a realistic price)

Although you won't have to get them registered for road use, if you wish to use them in state forests etc you will need to get rec reg (about $85.00 a year) not sure if all states are the same, but in Vic you need a car/bike license to be able to ride on rec reg plates.

If you do ship them, the bikes would need to be spotless, and even then, they will probably hit you with cleaning costs at this end as well, which can be quite excessive. You will also be required to pay import duty as well.

I personally think its not worth the hassle & expense if you can afford to sell them in the Uk and buy here when you arrive.

Evening All

Regards

BTW, which make/models/year? and where are you headed.

I'll see what the local market values are.

Archived