divorce

plazze

hi my wife and i emgraited to oz 2 years ago on a permanent visa 121 subclass ,we came home 1year ago ,now we are home we a splitting up , i went over it was here her job that got us in she is a nurse ,we have 3years left on the visa , does this effect my right to go back to oz on my own ,as she is saying she is going to contact imigating and i cant go back ,can someone advise me on facts here ,

Guest Guest31881

I believe you both hold a visa independent of each other once it has been validated. So you hold a visa and can return when you want. She cannot stop you by saying you have split up.

Hopefully someone with more experience in this will advise you,

Guest rogo

Best to get advice from an immigration lawyer. But if you hold a visa that should be enough to come back. There is life after divorce - takes a while but making a fresh start always helps. Good luck.:smile:

Guest Guest 47403

I far as I know Colin is right, you hold a PR visa therefore you can go back without any issue up until the visa expires your wife staying in the UK has no significance at all.

Guest guest37336
hi my wife and i emgraited to oz 2 years ago on a permanent visa 121 subclass ,we came home 1year ago ,now we are home we a splitting up , i went over it was here her job that got us in she is a nurse ,we have 3years left on the visa , does this effect my right to go back to oz on my own ,as she is saying she is going to contact imigating and i cant go back ,can someone advise me on facts here ,

Makes no odds plazze, YOUR visa is your visa and she can't stop you from going back.

The only time to be careful is if she says something detrimental about you, that 'may' be of interest to DIAC, though I hope this wouldn't be the case.

Cheers Tony.

My understanding is the same as Colin, once validated it's your visa mate and if it gives you PR and you want to come back then you can. Sorry about the break up ... but all the best for the future x

Archived