Moving to Mornington Oct 11

Guest mazkinmond5

Guest mazkinmond5

Just thought id start a thread for Mornington as we are moving there this Oct. Anyone else would love to start to build a network of friends and vise versa.

Age group 30-35

Me -housewife

HO- chef

2x boys 1/half & 2/half

Hobbies- biking, hillwalking, running(although not doen much since boys came along!!) reading, tropical fish, dogs, family.

Cheers

Maz

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Maz

Mornington is a beautiful area and don't worry as there are plenty of expats down there.

Kate

Guest NatalieH

Hi.

I am currently living in mornington! Been here since april. Fulltime mum to two boys, 3 years and 18 months and baby 3 due in 4 weeks! Happy to keep in touch, answer any questions and arrange a playdate in October!!

Guest jemmajol

im new to Mornington- youve chosen a lovely place to settle, im also a housewife, with 3 boys 13, 10 and 2

happy to chat and meet for a cuppa when u arrive :-)

im trying really hard to make friends but its tricky being the 'new one' . good luck with the move

jemma

Guest jemmajol
Hi.

I am currently living in mornington! Been here since april. Fulltime mum to two boys, 3 years and 18 months and baby 3 due in 4 weeks! Happy to keep in touch, answer any questions and arrange a playdate in October!!

hi Natalie , ive been in Mornington since the end of MAY 2011-How are you finding it so far?- happy to meet for coffee and play dates with my 2 YR old- or if you just need a baby sitter!!!- good luck with the new arrival Jemma

Guest juliemtaylor

welcome to the peninsula Jemma, we arrived here end Feb last year and now have our own place in Tyabb. There are loads of us in Mornington area so you will make lots of friends ( a lot of us are on Facebook too).

Good luck with the move too Maz.

Julie x

Guest Cooke Girl

Hello all,

Was really happy to see that post but think we're going to be too old!! Im 44, and OH was 45 yesterday. The kids are Connor 13 and Niamh 11. We plan to arrive by end of Aug/Sept. We're getting very excited/nervous now but would be lovely to know we're not alone. Husband is a sparks and I have a multitude of hats!

Topsy

Guest jemmajol
Hello all,

Was really happy to see that post but think we're going to be too old!! Im 44, and OH was 45 yesterday. The kids are Connor 13 and Niamh 11. We plan to arrive by end of Aug/Sept. We're getting very excited/nervous now but would be lovely to know we're not alone. Husband is a sparks and I have a multitude of hats!

Topsy

Hi , I don't think there is an age restriction , I'm happy to keep on touch as I too have a 13 yr old, I'm 34, DH is 33, And 3 boys 13, 10 and 2, we've been here since April and in Mornington since the end of may . Jemma

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flex lawson

Hi all, were heading over to probally Mornington early December. Booking flights this week. Me Joiner- Carpenter (35) OH Seamstress (31) Daughter (6) Boy (3). Don't no anyone out there & need to orginise everything ie Jobs, schools, house, etc any help & advice would be massivley appreciated.

Stuart & Carla

Guest louisa tilney

Hello ladies..ive just joined and have also recently moved to Mornington! its lovely here and i have meet some nice ppl here ,oddly i meet jemma on another site ,so if anyone wants a cuppa let me know . I am a housewife with 2 kids, a boy who is 5 and a girl who is 18 months.

lou

XXXX

Guest louisa tilney

hello ladies,

I am new to this site and its confusing me? im sure i have already wrote this but cant see it? Anyway i am also new to mornington and i love it, i have meet some nice ladies here, inc jemma , so if anyone is interested in a cuppa or playdate id love to meet up. Im a hw with 2 kids, a boy who is 5 and a girl who is 18 months.

Hope all is going ok for u Maz and plans r coming together nicely. good luck

Louisa

xx

Hi We are looking to move to the mornington area about Oct time- or when the house sells!!

I am 39 (just!) and a nurse, OH is 44 and does house renovations. We have 2 kids 6 & 3. Can't wait to start my 40th year of life on the other side of the world in perfect settings, drinking vats of good wine! :goofy: Hope to meet some of you soon x

Guys ! Check out Petals post on the Victoria section regarding house prices in the Melbourne area. Very interesting for those going over soon. I think renting is definately a wise option at the moment.

Guest mazkinmond5

Hi to everyone- sorry not been on here in ages but as i am sure you can imagine I have been a little busy!!! really chuffed with the great responses- I so happy to here there are lots of other lady friends for me to meet!! as I am a little bit of a chatter box!! and love coffee dates. will try to keep in touch with you all as much as poss (when i get spare 2 mins). Will PM you all xx cheers Maz

Guest mazkinmond5
Hi to everyone- sorry not been on here in ages but as i am sure you can imagine I have been a little busy!!! really chuffed with the great responses- I so happy to here there are lots of other lady friends for me to meet!! as I am a little bit of a chatter box!! and love coffee dates. will try to keep in touch with you all as much as poss (when i get spare 2 mins). Will PM you all xx cheers Maz

PS anyone been to the Lindenderry Hotel in Red Hill -OH thinking of taking a job there? thanks

Hi maz, can't help with your question sorry but was interested to read your OH is a chef. We're heading for Victoria and my OH is also a chef. We won't be looking to move over for a year or so but I wondered how your OH got on with applying for jobs from the uk?

PS anyone been to the Lindenderry Hotel in Red Hill -OH thinking of taking a job there? thanks

Not been there, but my daughter's friend worked there for a long time years so must be ok. Her oh used to work there as well. Not chefs though.

Guest NatalieH

My husband does a daily commute to south kilda, it works out to be 1hr 45 min with public transport.. We feel the commute is worth value for money for property and lifestyle. I've not lived anywhere else in melbourne but lots of people I've met, who have lived elsewhere, feel mornington is a wonderful place to live.

Guest jemmajol

I dont know of anyone who commutes but my brother often travels to us from Camberwell(just outside the cbd) Frankston is the nearest train station (approx 20 min drive away from Mornington)- or longer on public bus, then maybe 50 mins an hour to the cbd. the transport system is really good and mostly reliable and then trams (inc a free tram) operate in zone 1 in and around the city,

good luck with your move- look us up when your in sunny Mornington :-D

Jemma 34 danny 33, ds, 13, ds10, ds 2

Hi Shane

Husband commutes to CBD, Monday to Friday, he drives, he does prefer driving to taking the train, but that is also an option, train ends at Frankston, so you would then need to make your way back to Mornington, however there are frequent buses from the station. Also if you get to Franston train station early enough you can park for free.

He doesnt mind the commute 1 hr - 1 hr 15min as the peninsula is a beautiful place to live.

Heather

Hi I'm wondering if any of you or your other half's commute into the CBD from mornington? Seems like a long journey but maybe it's worth it?

Cheers

Shane

My friend drives to Port Melbourne every day and she staggers her hours so she starts early and leaves early misses some of the crush.

I used to drive Beach Road to the City as I found even though its only 60 along there there are not so many lights as the Nepean Highway and therefore seemed a better run, brings you up into south Melbourne and you can either cross Kingsway and go in that way or turn off at St Kilda and go down Punt Road.

Archived