Buying a Business?

charlene

Hi all at PIO,

Me and OH are on the verge of making that yes/no decision of whether to get up and go or sit down and stay! We're trying to find out as much info as possible and explore all avenues.

OH is interested to know what requirements are needed if you wanted to buy a business in Oz. If we go, we'll be doing it with me applying for a student visa and studying for about two years (interested in Child Care Co-Ordinator). We know about the 20 hours working per week for both of us and all the costs we'd have to cover, but is it possible to buy a business on this basis or would we have to gain Permanent Residency before we could do something like that? :dull:

Hi Charlene

Sorry i cant help with your question, but have a look at this website State Sponsorship Services they provide a service to draw up a business plan to put forawrd to the immigration department, they say they havent had anyone refused to date. It might be worth speaking to them.

have you tried looking on the immigration website Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Hope this helps in some way or you could try calling an agent to see if they can shed some light on the matter.

Good luck

Mandy

Hi charlene,

we are looking to buy a childcare centre, somewhere on the sunshine coast.

My wife (anne) is actually a primary teacher here in england and i am a property developer. When we initially started the process are agent told us this was the easiest route for us (because of our ages 43 and 46). But it did mean getting sponsorship from the Queensland government, Which we got confirmation of yesterday....HOORAY!!!!!!!. Apart from the sponsorship we were told we had to have at least 3 years experience of running a company, company accounts, and had to have made approx au$250k within 2 of the last 4 years. Our agent then had to do a business plan (42 pages long) and we really could not have done it without him.

Best bet is if you have a chat with an agent. The initial consultation is free. We are using John Mumford @ Visa Unit.

Hope this helps

Archived