Cairns anyone??

Tink85

• 2 months later...
Guest Sparticus

Hi!! Hubby and I are currently in Brisbane but hopefully will be moving up to Cairns at the end of the month yay!! We went for a long weekend break up there and just instantly loved it....It is GORGEOUS! Were so excited. Good luck and keep us updated. May see u in Cairns!:wink:

Guest SupportPants

Cairns is very nice - lush and green with a nice mix of nationalities. Especially the Northern Beaches - as Cairns city has a man made lagoon instead. The wet season can be a bit dreary but the winter here is just beautiful. One negative to Cairns is the economy - unless someone has a job already lined up I would be very cautious about chancing it.

I lived in cairns for about 6months, such a great spot, have very fond memories. One thing I would say is that if you are a city person it may feel quite small and can get a little claustrophobic and as a holiday spot it can feel a bit anti-climatic when the holiday feeling has worn off. That said, the northern beaches are stunning as Support Pants said above and they have a nice community atmosphere too with plenty of opportunities to meet people and get involved in the area. The other great thing is that you are on the doorstep of the reef so if you like diving its ideal and you're also right beside the rainforest too, bliss!!

Guest MrMogster

Hi

I moved here in April full time, for a job. Have not regretted it for a second. As the previous post said, it is small but after years in aggressive London this is a haven. I come from Somerset originally (like Shropshire in many ways) and find it more like "the shire" than London. Once you tap into local events you will settle into paradise. Contact me if you need advice.

Archived