Partner visa 309/100 subclass questions

lindajyyu

Hi there,

I have a few questions about applying a partner visa (309/100) for my husband and am wondering if anyone can help me with the questions please?

My husband and I met in Taiwan about 2 years ago, and we just got married this month. I hold an Australian passport, and he holds an Taiwanese passport. I am thinking of applying the partner visa (309/100) for him.

My questions are:

1. I read the immigration information it says that my husband can still travel to Australia on a tourist visa while his partner visa applicatin is being processed.

If this is the case, should he apply the tourist visa BEFORE or AFTER submitting his partner visa application?

2. It is required to submit two statutory declaration forms (form 888) when submitting the partner visa application. Since most of our common friends are Taiwanese, can I ask them to write the declaration forms for us ? Or do I still have to have 2 Australians friends to write the declaration for us?

thank you~:notworthy:

Guest siamsusie
Hi there,

I have a few questions about applying a partner visa (309/100) for my husband and am wondering if anyone can help me with the questions please?

My husband and I met in Taiwan about 2 years ago, and we just got married this month. I hold an Australian passport, and he holds an Taiwanese passport. I am thinking of applying the partner visa (309/100) for him.

My questions are:

1. I read the immigration information it says that my husband can still travel to Australia on a tourist visa while his partner visa applicatin is being processed.

If this is the case, should he apply the tourist visa BEFORE or AFTER submitting his partner visa application?

2. It is required to submit two statutory declaration forms (form 888) when submitting the partner visa application. Since most of our common friends are Taiwanese, can I ask them to write the declaration forms for us ? Or do I still have to have 2 Australians friends to write the declaration for us?

thank you~:notworthy:

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

After you have submitted your husband's application, he can travel to Australia on a TV, but at all times keep your Case officer informed of your situation.

As you are applying off shore, your husband has to be of shore to validate his visa, so a quick trip to NZ or Bali can be in order.

If you dont know any Australians to write up your DFs for you then Taiwanese friends should be fine as long as they have ID.

Good luck

Susie

Archived