Contributory Parent nightmare any suggestions?

Guest DWC

Hi, I am Dean, I'm 33 originally from the midlands, I have been in Oz on and off for the last 10 years, normally on tourist visas( untill they said I had exceeded the number of E.T.A's( my two children are here (5,8y.o.) I am all set to do the contributory parent visa, as it seems to be the only one that fits, I applied 17 months ago and now I have been asked for the assurance of support. The problem is that I have no family except my 2 boys, who live with their Mum ( my ex) and they are under 18 and cannot sponsor me. My ex is the only person who can sign the assurance of support thing. ( she is a nightmare and would not do anything to help me at all) I do not actually need any support as I have just sold my house I bought in Byron Bay with my ex 10 years ago, however someone needs to sign this thing. I have been reading the blurb over and over, the other option is a community based organisation, ethnic group or church based organisation, that has dealings with both me and my children ! Of which there are None!!

I have been beating my head against the immigration wall for ever, but I have quite a odd situation where I have no family except my 2 sons here in Oz. A last remaining relative visa doesn't cut it apparently as my children are not 18.

The plot has thickened a bit as my new fiancee is 5 months pregnant with twins, and is from Paris, apparently it is going to cost about 70,000 dollars to get us both in permanently, but even that cannot be done without an assurance of support ( that I do not need personally but do need legally!) I am really at the end of my tether and do not know what on earth to do!! Can anyone please help?

I have ran my own businesess in the uk but have no formal qualifications, I have a building company who are wanting to know if they can sponsor me ( employee sponsored migration) as they want me to sell for them ( which I do best) does anyone know if this is possible, how long it takes, and if it would include my fiancee too ?

I have 28 days to sort out the "assurance of support" or about 2 months to sort out getting sponsored with my fiancee by the building company( who have just done it for another english guy but he is a qualified carpenter)

Please please please does anyone have any pointers,

Yours sincerely,

Dean

Hi, I am Dean, I'm 33 originally from the midlands, I have been in Oz on and off for the last 10 years, normally on tourist visas( untill they said I had exceeded the number of E.T.A's( my two children are here (5,8y.o.) I am all set to do the contributory parent visa, as it seems to be the only one that fits, I applied 17 months ago and now I have been asked for the assurance of support. The problem is that I have no family except my 2 boys, who live with their Mum ( my ex) and they are under 18 and cannot sponsor me. My ex is the only person who can sign the assurance of support thing. ( she is a nightmare and would not do anything to help me at all) I do not actually need any support as I have just sold my house I bought in Byron Bay with my ex 10 years ago, however someone needs to sign this thing. I have been reading the blurb over and over, the other option is a community based organisation, ethnic group or church based organisation, that has dealings with both me and my children ! Of which there are None!!

I have been beating my head against the immigration wall for ever, but I have quite a odd situation where I have no family except my 2 sons here in Oz. A last remaining relative visa doesn't cut it apparently as my children are not 18.

The plot has thickened a bit as my new fiancee is 5 months pregnant with twins, and is from Paris, apparently it is going to cost about 70,000 dollars to get us both in permanently, but even that cannot be done without an assurance of support ( that I do not need personally but do need legally!) I am really at the end of my tether and do not know what on earth to do!! Can anyone please help?

I have ran my own businesess in the uk but have no formal qualifications, I have a building company who are wanting to know if they can sponsor me ( employee sponsored migration) as they want me to sell for them ( which I do best) does anyone know if this is possible, how long it takes, and if it would include my fiancee too ?

I have 28 days to sort out the "assurance of support" or about 2 months to sort out getting sponsored with my fiancee by the building company( who have just done it for another english guy but he is a qualified carpenter)

Please please please does anyone have any pointers,

Yours sincerely,

Dean

Hi Dean

Sorry to hear of your worrying dilemma. I know of a person who got an AOS with a private company however I don't have their details. Apparently it costs a lot more than the normal route, but could be used as a last resort.

Any Aussie worker over 18 can sign an AOS for you but they can be pursued by Centrelink if you rack up a government debt. You will have to supply the bond money of course ($14,000 for a couple I think).

There are some earlier posts on this subject. Try searching for "AOS with private agents". The 1st post was by "andromeda9" on 28.08.2009, at 10:41. It also mentions the migration company Go Matilda with Alan Collett. Maybe you could enlist him for some advice.

Good luck sorting this out,

Chris

Dean we have just gone through this in Perth for my mother in law. she is coming with a contributory parent visa and as i was in and out of work last year i hadnt earned enough to be the main Assurer of support , i was then told ANYONE can be a assurer of support so i just got a friend to do it for me and i am still the account holder with the Commomwealth Bank as they are the only bank that can deal with it and they charge $150 to set it up!

we also applied for more time twice and was granted .......so dont panic just ask your agent for more time ,

Archived