Length of Time to Secure Long Term Rental??

baz6679

Hi guys. Can anyone who has been through the process advise the following.

Moving to Perth and will be looking to secure a long term rental hopefully in Joondalup Area or surrounding suburbs.

In your experience how quickly can a long term rental be secured. I sort of need this one answered so I know how much short term furnished accommodation i need to book:biggrin:

Thanks for any advice or guidance offered:wink:

Guest Mikki
Hi guys. Can anyone who has been through the process advise the following.

Moving to Perth and will be looking to secure a long term rental hopefully in Joondalup Area or surrounding suburbs.

In your experience how quickly can a long term rental be secured. I sort of need this one answered so I know how much short term furnished accommodation i need to book:biggrin:

Thanks for any advice or guidance offered:wink:

From what I have heard lately its taking about 4-6 weeks to secure one but I could be wrong.

Don't know about Perth, but looking for a 2bed place close to the city in Adelaide, we had signed for one within a week of starting to look, got the keys a couple of weeks after that. At many of the open sessions, we were the only people looking, and we could have had the keys the next day if we'd wanted.

I would say four weeks is probably a good amount of time to book temp accomodation for. Might be worth asking how much notice you'd have to give if you wanted to leave early, though if you've timed your container to arrive after the four weeks, probably not much point in moving into an empty house.

Guest JK2510

We have been very lucky. Viewed a 4x2 on Monday evening signed the lease tonight and move in on Saturday!! We also have a dog so we were shocked to be so lucky!

Guest Mikki
We have been very lucky. Viewed a 4x2 on Monday evening signed the lease tonight and move in on Saturday!! We also have a dog so we were shocked to be so lucky!

thats just about unheard of........

Yeah, we were lucky too, we viewed on Thu am and liked it so gave over my application there and then, got a call Fri pm to say it was approved, and signed the lease the same day. We moved in on the Monday.

Guest JK2510
Yeah, we were lucky too, we viewed on Thu am and liked it so gave over my application there and then, got a call Fri pm to say it was approved, and signed the lease the same day. We moved in on the Monday.

That's great news.

I think the key is to check out the websites every few hours each day and view the property ASAP with an application form and 1 weeks rent if necessary in hand and if it ticks the boxes give in it that day.

There were only a few families viewing the property and the real estate lady said it was between us and another family. I think they chose us as we could move ASAP therefore more $$ coming in for owners and real estate company. We had heard so many stories about securing a rental with a dog so we were prepared to inconvenience ourselves and moving in at short notice as we have no furniture! Lol

Yeah, we had everything to hand. I think the real estate agent was a bit taken aback at my 'pack' I'd put together to ensure I got it! Also prepared to move in asap. My pack showed a schedule from my house in the UK showing pics, a letter from selling agent to say I kept an immaculate home and was pleasant to deal with, as well as copies of ID, bank account to show funds available and other bits and pieces. Very good idea if you're up against others and really want the house.

Archived