seven seas shipping??

cms72

Has anybody used this company to ship their belongings? I only want to ship a few boxes of personal items - not taking any furniture. They seem quite reasonable and ship by air but I hadn't heard of them before so would appreciate any reccommendations or advice. :v_SPIN:

Thanks Clare

Guest siamsusie

I have used them many times, particularly when I go back to the UK and on buying sprees!

Excellent company, cannot fault them at all which includes Freedom Shippers their sister company.

Prompt, good service from A - Z.

Susie x

Guest siamsusie

Clare, they provide the boxes , gaffer tape etc. They SMS you when they are 10 minutes away, collection is the same process, they SMS you for your collection and your boxes are trackable right through to Australia.:hug:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the comments above. I'm thinking of using them to send a couple of boxes of excess baggage. Their quote is much cheaper for air freight than I've found elsewhere, but a longer time. I'm happy with the 18 days quoted, but does anyone know why this is? Has anyone used this "air economy" service?

I had a terrible experience with this company. My air items were not dispatched until I phoned to see where they were. They were then flown to about 10 different destinations with UPS before I finally received them, with most items broken. Plus I was charged extra money for excess weight. I had rung the company to double check maximum weight, which I was told was 30 kilos. My boxes were well below this & when I complained, I was told the charges apply to extra weight over 12 kilos!!!! This was not mentioned at the time of my inquiry!!

Also very difficult dealing with customer services when you are on one side of the world & your belongings on another! Lots of promises to refer to managers & being called back, but never was. Had to make lots of expensive calls, different person every time....very frustrating :arghh:

I wrote a letter of complaint but did not get much of a response...apologies for inconvenience caused but no offer of any compensation...

Very poor :sad:

I had a terrible experience with this company and would advise not to use. My air items were not dispatched until I phoned to see where they were. They were then flown to about 10 different destinations with UPS before I finally received them, with most items broken. Plus I was charged extra money for excess weight. I had rung the company to double check maximum weight, which I was told was 30 kilos. My boxes were well below this & when I complained, I was told the charges apply to extra weight over 12 kilos!!!! This was not mentioned at the time of my inquiry!!

Also very difficult dealing with customer services when you are on one side of the world & your belongings on another! Lots of promises to refer to managers & being called back, but never was. Had to make lots of expensive calls, different person every time....very frustrating :arghh:

I wrote a letter of complaint but did not get much of a response...apologies for inconvenience caused but no offer of any compensation...

Very poor :sad:

Good tip on the excess weight. I just noticed something about this in part of the documentation and wasn't sure if it really meant further charges would apply, as the main section of the quote certainly makes it sound as if the cost includes anything up to 30kg.

Has anybody used this company to ship their belongings? I only want to ship a few boxes of personal items - not taking any furniture. They seem quite reasonable and ship by air but I hadn't heard of them before so would appreciate any reccommendations or advice. :v_SPIN:

Thanks Clare

Have you looked at shipping by regular mail? We shipped six boxes with An Post in Ireland (each weighing a maximum of 20kg) and they got to Oz in about 10 days at a cost of €65 per box for registered post. Not sure what price it would be with Royal Mail, but might work out a lot cheaper than shipping with a company.

My only dealing with Seven Seas was trying to get a quote from them...emailed and phoned twice and no-one ever got back to me - not a great way to attract new business...

Archived