Its Cold today

Petals

Guest The Pom Queen
Shut up, I hate people who boast, aghhhhhhh :wink:

LOL I'm not boasting, do you realise I haven't been able to use my pool for the last 3 weeks, it's too cold

frozen_swimming_pool.jpg

Guest siamsusie

Ah its a crisp 4 here today, getting warmer though because its raining.

Log fires crackling away and researching ice making machines and buying another Engel for my husband's birthday, which isnt until Christmas time, but it gives me time to save:mad:

Guest The Pom Queen

Log fires crackling away and researching ice making machines and buying another Engel for my husband's birthday, which isnt until Christmas time, but it gives me time to save:mad:

I would love a log fire:cry:

I would love a log fire:cry:

You're welcome to come and share mine - it's currently 26.3 in my loungeroom - but you'll have to jostle 4 cats to get near it :biggrin: (Oh...and help me carry the firewood up the stairs!)

even though we are dubbed whinging poms by the australians, if I had a penny for every time an australian at work had whinged about how cold it was, or worn a scarf indoors at work, i would have earned 19p, just in the last two days.

It is a Melbourne tradition, we have to whinge about the weather:laugh:it's either too hot or too cold, that's the way it is, get with it mate !

But he's got you...why does he need another angel? :wink:

Come on Furkew a good pot of Erwtensoep, a botlte of Jenever, 4-5 is nothing compared to the north sea winds of Holland!:tongue:

It was actually a couple of bottles of Jagemeister & a hearty camp stew that did the trick for us :wink:

Guest siamsusie
It was actually a couple of bottles of Jagemeister & a hearty camp stew that did the trick for us :wink:

Oh Furkew, we used to do the Elephant run in Germany... now that was a cold one, but we had loads of fun.

http://wherethehellismurph.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-elepahnt-ridegrant-colorado.html

Maybe we should organise something similar here.

DSC_6963.JPG

:jiggy::jiggy: and take a crate of Jagermeister with us as well:yes:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its still miserable here in Yorkshire, raining, grey skies, cold and we have the central heating on and it is our summer, sorry word that, we don't have a summer, may be we could change it, should change it, its a false declaration.

Guest Unha99Y
Its still miserable here in Yorkshire, raining, grey skies, cold and we have the central heating on and it is our summer, sorry word that, we don't have a summer, may be we could change it, should change it, its a false declaration.

Swap you, and it's spring not summer

Guest siamsusie

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And Good morning to you also Jim.

And the good news is whilst you were sleeping.. the exchange rate was slightly more in your favour.

1.00 GBP = 1.55124 AUD British Pound Australian Dollar 1 GBP = 1.55124 AUD 1 AUD = 0.644645 GBP

:wink::wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And Good morning to you also Jim.

And the good news is whilst you were sleeping.. the exchange rate was slightly more in your favour.

1.00 GBP = 1.55124 AUD British Pound Australian Dollar 1 GBP = 1.55124 AUD 1 AUD = 0.644645 GBP

:wink::wink:

It needs to hit the 2 dollar mark Susie, but theres no sign of any real financial growth here in the uk yet, they say it might slightly pick up next year so fingers crossed, i have alot of friends and relatives who are struggling, but that doesn't help with the almost year round miserable weather.

Guest DaneD

if it makes you feel any better, its the same in manchester too.

im not sure why most of us (english) expect nice weather. expect it to be rubbish, like it usually is, and then rejoice when the sun shines!

It feels warmer this morning. Should be a good weekend opening of the Ski Season, I will watch it on the news on Tele that is near enough to snow for me.

Anyone driving up the Hume tonight it will be busy, big weekend. Snow season and Rutherglen Wine Festival.

Off out this morning and one of my friends is just over from Fiji they live there, bet she if feeling it :laugh:

Archived