wanting job advice

Guest fieldy81

Guest fieldy81

hi people looking to move to east side of oz been a plumber/pipefitter for 14 years time served,but no paperwork,could i find work easily...thanks guys deseperate for new life :wink:

Guest fieldy81

no pal,but looking to come as soon as i get some pos feedback i have family there etc,going to come on working hol visa and see if i can get the work i need,and hopefully gain sponsorship,

Hi and welcome to PIO.

If you are looking at the Queensland region ,it would be wise for you to swat up on whats required for your licence before you come. Its very hard to get a full licence here and takes most tradies a good few months,and a fair few $$$$$, hence most skilled plumbers try and find some unskilled work to tide them over.

Here is the link that will tell you more - http://www.dlgp.qld.gov.au/plumbing/plumbers-licensing.html

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Guest ozinpom

I'm not sure that you can do plumbing or pipefitting on a working holiday visa officially but I may be wrong. What I can say for sure is that to work in the metal trades it is getting harder to get a start without trade papers. It's mainly to do with insurance but employers will sometimes take you on without papers but they will pay you a much lower rate. If down the track you want to migrate you will have to go through the process of proving what you've been doing. It's not impossible but you will have to provide the proof of your training and experience. Good luck

Archived