visa inquiry with my niece

Guest shelly0121

Guest shelly0121

hi there i want to migrate to oz, i have my two children who will be going with me, how ever my 16 old niece wants to come with me, would it be possible for her to come on my visa or would it be best for me to wait till she is 18 then go together.

would appreciate any ideas as i'm thinking of delaying things for 2 years until she hits 18

Will just get harder when she is 18 unless she just wants to go on a temp working holiday visa.

The only way you might be able add her to your visa is if she is your dependent, that is she lives with you and is financially dependent on you (not working or in a de facto relationship). You would also need permission from her parents in writing.

What visa are you planning on applying for?

Look at http://www.immi.gov.au for all visa info and details about proving dependency.

Not saying it cannot be done but I doubt it - you could consult a registered migration agent to see if there is a way, possibly via guardianship/adoption I guess.

Guest shelly0121

thanks for that reply, i hope to go on a 457 visa, and try and get state sponsor ship. as in some areas my job doesn't come under the skilled sector. i'm a nvq level 3 in child care

thanks

Archived