Advce on sponsored employment???

Guest kchaplin

Guest kchaplin

Hi all, I'm in a crazy situation, my parents and siblings all live in Australia and are now citizens. I really want to take my family out to be with them but neither my partner or I are on the skills list. (I'm a teaching assistant/trainee teacher and my husband has many construction tickets, e.g for excavation, machine operating, concreting etc).

My question is - If either of us go out and find a job and an employer willing to sponsor us....do we still need to be on a list or is it the employers discretion??

I feel like I'm going crazy and am sure there must be a way I can be with my parents, brother ans sister and their families?? I feel so alone on this side of the world (UK).

Thanks!! x x x:arghh:

Guest kchaplin
If your family members are Australian Citizens could one of them not sponsor you all?

Yes they could sponsor me but our occupations still need to be on the general skilled list. If I change my job or re-skill, I'll then need to have experience too, so this is a lengthy process. Its driving me crazy!!

Yes they could sponsor me but our occupations still need to be on the general skilled list. If I change my job or re-skill, I'll then need to have experience too, so this is a lengthy process. Its driving me crazy!!

Ha ha, yeah i know its driving us crazy too, but where theres a will theres a way!!!!! Thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol:biglaugh:

Archived