School zones for Point Cook

Guest Fate will decide

Guest Fate will decide

Hi,

I wonder if someone is able to clarify something for me please?

We have been looking at schools in the Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes area, and found a map that shows the designated areas for each school, however the areas and houses that we like the look of tend to be in Carranballac school zone, rather than Point Cook. I searched for 'Carranballac' on PIO, and the reviews or comments about the school weren't very positive! I wondered if these zones were definate, or you can apply to other schools? I tend to think that my daughter will probably start mid-year, im not sure if this would make a difference, and if so would I then struggle to get my other two in that school also?

I hope my question makes sense, such a minefield, and for us school would end up being the deciding factor on an area!

Thanks in advance :)

HI the zonal areas are right. If you live in certain parts of SL then Carranballac is the high school.

Look there are some people think its a good school, some not. I have to say I have friends who have children at Carranballac, some who have children at Point Cook Senior and some at Emmanuel and by far the best is Emmanuel.

It is a catholic school and would cost about 3500 per year, but so worth it. It has a good academic programme and has a good ethos with the children.

I see the children from Caranballac and PC in Point cook at the end of the school day hanging arond and some of them smoking who only look about 13.!! Very rarely do I see children from Emmanuel hanging around.

Look, thats just my opinion. Emmanuel college does not have zonal priorities either.!!!

Happy looking.

Guest Fate will decide
HI the zonal areas are right. If you live in certain parts of SL then Carranballac is the high school.

Look there are some people think its a good school, some not. I have to say I have friends who have children at Carranballac, some who have children at Point Cook Senior and some at Emmanuel and by far the best is Emmanuel.

It is a catholic school and would cost about 3500 per year, but so worth it. It has a good academic programme and has a good ethos with the children.

I see the children from Caranballac and PC in Point cook at the end of the school day hanging arond and some of them smoking who only look about 13.!! Very rarely do I see children from Emmanuel hanging around.

Look, thats just my opinion. Emmanuel college does not have zonal priorities either.!!!

Happy looking.

Thank you for your response, is that the same for primary schools? Ive only see one zone map and just assumed it was for primary schools!

Thanks again :)

Archived