Agent Frustrations!

Guest RobynT84

Guest RobynT84

We are becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of information from our migration agent and getting a little worried that this is unusual.... particularly as there are so many posts on here where people have detailed the solid, informative and helpful nature of the contact they have with their agent.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Our VETASSESS application has been in since 24th of March and Vic SS application since shortly after this and all our agent keeps telling us is that it's being processed and to wait wait wait!

Sorry to rant but the vague nature of the responses we have received from our agent is quite infuriating :arghh:

Are there any similar stories... or better yet, something encouraging?

Guest littlestar

Hi RobynT84,

We are sick of our agent as well, we are waiting 19 months for visa despite being in cat 2.

They put a wrong code in our 176 visa application, didn t follow up whether or not SS had sent form 1100.

They submitted my APHRA registration and I had to get my docs certified 3 times and then they missed a deadline therefore I had to start form scratch and reapply. This process takes 6 months and I was 4 months in to the process when this deadline was missed!

The agent who I was dealing with from the start has now left the office and I am communicating with a legal secretary who can t give me any advise as she doesn t have her qualifications yet!!

I am so sick of the whole thing now, we are at the mercy of our CO and our agent/legal secretary is not answering e mails

Guest RobynT84
Hi RobynT84,

We are sick of our agent as well, we are waiting 19 months for visa despite being in cat 2.

They put a wrong code in our 176 visa application, didn t follow up whether or not SS had sent form 1100.

They submitted my APHRA registration and I had to get my docs certified 3 times and then they missed a deadline therefore I had to start form scratch and reapply. This process takes 6 months and I was 4 months in to the process when this deadline was missed!

The agent who I was dealing with from the start has now left the office and I am communicating with a legal secretary who can t give me any advise as she doesn t have her qualifications yet!!

I am so sick of the whole thing now, we are at the mercy of our CO and our agent/legal secretary is not answering e mails

I would say I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones but I don't think that would help!.... You really sound like you've been through it.

I can definitely sympathise about dealing with the legal secretary; since we first set out with our agent we have had two different contacts (working on our case under the supervision of the actual registered agent) both of whom have since left the company with absolutely no communications to advise us let alone a handover to the new person acting for us. Our agent does respond to our emails but only ever with very vague replies and no solid information.

Guest RobynT84
Yes, my husband is an Urban & Regional Planner.

Sorry... Yes Jimthechew, my husband is an urban and regional planner:biggrin:

Guest littlestar

I would complain to someone but......

1. I am afriad it will feck up our chances of getting our visa.

2. There is no one to compain to.

3. If I found someone nothing would be done anyway.

Sorry I am in the mood to whinge.. things aren t going my way.. we get positive news and around the corner some other issue to be sorted out.

Hopefully some good news soon!

Sorry I am in the mood to whinge.. things aren t going my way.. we get positive news and around the corner some other issue to be sorted out.

There has to be someone you can complain to, esp if there a registered. Ask some of the agents on here about the complaints process.That is not on, I would have a fit, rock up there and unleash some Chuck Norris pain!!!! :happy_face_outlaw_s

We are becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of information from our migration agent and getting a little worried that this is unusual.... particularly as there are so many posts on here where people have detailed the solid, informative and helpful nature of the contact they have with their agent.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Our VETASSESS application has been in since 24th of March and Vic SS application since shortly after this and all our agent keeps telling us is that it's being processed and to wait wait wait!

Sorry to rant but the vague nature of the responses we have received from our agent is quite infuriating :arghh:

Are there any similar stories... or better yet, something encouraging?

Your agent is not processing your application; that is within published processing times.

Guest RobynT84

No need to apologise; I started this thread precisely to have a good old whinge!

I completely agree with your reasons for not complaining, particularly about fecking up your chances... I keep thinking 'stay calm, don't kick up a fuss or they might just not bother putting the effort into your case'!

Chin up though, eh... best to stay positive and hope for the best. Good luck with your applications and keep me updated if you like x

Guest RobynT84
Your agent is not processing your applications that are withing published processing times.

Hi WRussell,

I'm sorry, I don't think understand your reply...?

I know my agent is not actuallly processing the applications and that there are specified timescales (is that what you mean?) but others are getting more detail from their agent with regards to the status of their apllications whereas we only ever get very vague information from our agent and they rarely answer any direct questions we pose to them.

Guest littlestar

I tried loosing the cool, they just stopped answering my phone calls!

I wouldn t mind I am not continually ringing or anything but when they put the wrong code in our application I knew there was a problem (because of pomsinoz and the timelines) but they kept telling me that there was a process there, and we had to wait our turn. 1 month later I was told sorry there was a wrong code in your application!! I was really annoyed to say the least!!

It took them a month to sort it out. I am so fed up now...

I wish everyone the best of luck with there visa application, its really hard tho',our lives are on hold we have 4 small kids and we are hanging on a line waiting for this visa.

Thanks for listening....having a bad day!

Guest bourbonjack

Hi all,

I have had a poor experience with one agent....basically paid them over a grand and got nothing for it.....luckily I have landed a job with a company who are paying for my visa, there agent (ISA in Perth) are fantastic, so I have gone from disappointment to satisfaction....my advice, research, research, research...then more research!!!!

Thanks

Hi WRussell,

I'm sorry, I don't think understand your reply...?

I know my agent is not actuallly processing the applications and that there are specified timescales (is that what you mean?) but others are getting more detail from their agent with regards to the status of their apllications whereas we only ever get very vague information from our agent and they rarely answer any direct questions we pose to them.

or my spelling either.

Some third parties can be persuaded to provide application processing updates and others can not.

My record is 365 emails from a client enquiring about the progress of her application.

I have recently added this to my costs agreement:

The fixed fee we have quoted allows for us to reply to 20 email transmissions from you. If the number of such email transmissions exceeds 20, we will bill you for additional emails at $25 per email.

Guest The Pom Queen
or my spelling either.

Some third parties can be persuaded to provide application processing updates and others can not.

My record is 365 emails from a client enquiring about the progress of her application.

I have recently added this to my costs agreement:

The fixed fee we have quoted allows for us to reply to 20 email transmissions from you. If the number of such email transmissions exceeds 20, we will bill you for additional emails at $25 per email.

Wow I wish I could charge $25 per email, I would be a millionaire by the end of the week:biggrin: I do understand though that there needs to be some limit, but we are all guilty of wanting to know how our application is going, if they just received a reply which said we haven't heard anything yet, it's better than not receiving any correspondence at all.

Guest siamsusie

The WA agent who wanted to charge me $8,000 for my spouse visa included as many e mails from both sides as part of the package which I thought was pretty generous:biggrin:

Wow I wish I could charge $25 per email, I would be a millionaire by the end of the week:biggrin: I do understand though that there needs to be some limit, but we are all guilty of wanting to know how our application is going, if they just received a reply which said we haven't heard anything yet, it's better than not receiving any correspondence at all.

Afraid not, your clients would stop sending them.

This is from our costs agreement:

We will promptly inform you about significant developments in your case. If your case is not progressing in a timely and satisfactory way we will let you know why this is so and what we are doing about it.

It is not unreasonable to bill a client 15 minutes to read and reply to a pointless email.

If you have engaged the services of a QC for a matter, not necessarily an immigration matter, you can easily chew up $1000 an hour sending pointless emails.

Afraid not, your clients would stop sending them.

This is from our costs agreement:

We will promptly inform you about significant developments in your case. If your case is not progressing in a timely and satisfactory way we will let you know why this is so and what we are doing about it.

It is not unreasonable to bill a client 15 minutes to read and reply to a pointless email.

If you have engaged the services of a QC for a matter, not necessarily an immigration matter, you can easily chew up $1000 an hour sending pointless emails.

Totally off topic but I know a guy who was buying a leasehold flat, the solicitor was a high flying city type, he charged £50 per minute to recieve a phone call, (yes per minute!) the buyer begged us to stop calling his solicitor for updates!!!:eek:

Archived