Police clearance form

Guest claire146

Guest claire146

Hi All,

We've finally been allocated a case officer, but am wondering if there is a quicker way for us to get the police clearance form. We are in Oz and from what I understand we need to complete the ACRO form and send it by post. By the time they receive it, send it to us and for us to get it it will be easily a month and add to the cost (£70 for premium service, £65 for international courier, plus the cost of us sending the forms x 2 adults). What surprises me is that I also have to get one from France, where the national pastime is bureaucracy, and I managed to do that online and they will send it to me free of charge in the next couple of days!

We've been told that the case officer needs all the paperwork or at least evidence within 28 days.

Anyone? Help!

Claire

Don't panic about the 28 days. just make the application and tell your CO you have sent it off, scan proof of posting or something. Don't bother with paying extra for premium service.

If you have sent off the forms your CO will wait for the results, in some countries it can take months, it is out of your control and the CO knows that.

It is fine as long as you initiate the process within the 28 days AND let your CO know, they will be no problem if the results take longer to arrive.

Archived