Complaint? What you guys think?

JaseandAnne

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering whether I should make an official complaint to the DIAC but I dont want it to hamper my application but nothing seems to be getting resolved.

See what you think.

I got SS on the 4th Feb 2011 and completed the main App and sent it via recorded post on the 15th March. By middle of April I had not heard anything and the tracking number never worked from the Post office so I could not say whether it had arrived in Oz let alone the DIAC. I made a number of calls to the department from Mid April and they looked around but all said that it had not arrived, It was explained to me how all the post arrives and the first thing done is payment is taken and its lodged on the system. No money had been taken from my card so on the 29th April I was officialy, by email, advised to complete an On Line app so as not to lose or have to apply for an extention of SS. I sat up till late in the night and applied and uploaded all the documents. It was sent and received and we got our TRN aand I completed the SS form and got that off, Phew :unsure: all ssent by the 3rd May!! Scathing letter also sent to post office!

However, on the 5th May I got 2 receipts for 2 lots of process fee!! One clearly stated that it was lodged on the 7th April and the other 3rd May. I called again and was told that they had BOTH applications and I had to cancel one and it was nt as easy as me calling it had to be in writing and signed by all applicants over 18. So I did this on the 7th May, todate nothing, no refund no response to my email to the cancelation dept.

However, (again) I have recieved a case worker who is starting to process the online app, now, she/he has asked for documents that they have (twice) and when I pointed it out she said that the stautory declartion signed by my childrens mother allowing them to migrate, giving her passport details, address etc and signed by her the solicitor and stating that she allows them to migrate was not good enough because it doesnt have the word "Permenantly" in it. I got the wording required from the OZ commission in LOndon and the solicitor I used stated he had done lots of then useing the same wording and had had no problems. Should I argue the toss or is it not worth it ,after all these solicitors letters cost a bit each time.

Should I make a complaint about the 2 applications, as they quite clearly had the first one all the time, and should I complain that I have had no refund and its costing me interest and 2 currency conversion fees?

Do you think it will "hamper" my application by p**sing people off.

Not sure what to do but really frustrated and out of pocket!!

Jase

As you word it you have separate issues with separate routes!

1. the fact they took a further payment and you had to go through the online process telling you they had not received your original docs despite numerous tel calls from you clarifying they haven't-did you document these and who you spoke to by the way? Why have they not put this right in a timely manner and when can you expect repayment plus how will they recognise the financial cost to you of this as well as inconvenience.

2. whether the wording on your declaration is sufficient and what would be the most reasonable action to put things right given you were given duff info- Can you prove you got the wording from the OZ embassy and if so you could ask why is one dept giving out duff info if it is duff info? As their service has fallen down what further information would be acceptable ie would a signed letter from the children's parents stating they agree to this being a permanent move after all they have a copy of the signature now?

I am not a lawyer and don't know the complaint procedure but at the end of the day you want a result with your visa and as little hassle as possible (ironic I know) i would try to resolve point 2 amicably first with your co.

I would then definitely complain about this duff info and the problems with the two visa applications you have encountered pointing out the fact that they still have your money and have no right to it!!! A polite complaint asking them to resolve errors in their service is your right -in my experience complaints make people do their jobs better as it involves scrutiny from above about why their service is falling down this should not go against your visa application! good luck with it

I think that you are perfectly within your rights to complain about the duplicate payment until you get one payment returned. I would be contacted my credit card provider too and saying I have had something deducted twice in your position.

Regarding the wording on the declarations, well the commission are not there to advis eyou on wordings and if the solicitor you used also got it wrong then this is not DIAC's fault. So in this case, I recommend you suck it up and provide a new declaration with the reuired wording.

Guest Jamie Smith

Should I make a complaint about the 2 applications, as they quite clearly had the first one all the time, and should I complain that I have had no refund and its costing me interest and 2 currency conversion fees?

Do you think it will "hamper" my application by p**sing people off.

Not sure what to do but really frustrated and out of pocket!!

Jase

Absolutely. They took the second fee once the original application had laready been lodged and recipted and have failed to cancel one application that was created through their faulty systems.

Ask for the head of the office where it is being processed and insist on one application being promptly closed and refunded without prejudice or detriment to the remaining valid application. Not your fault DIAC asked for a second application to be made after they had received and receipted the first.

Waitingawhile - Thanks for reply, yes I have kept details of dates etc and really the post I made was really a precis of the catalogue of Duff info I was told on the phone. I've even been told Ive been emailed with information and I should follow those instructions when I have not recieved any such emails.

Pumpkin - thank you for your reply, I actually disagree, if they want things worded specifically then they should actually provide you with what is required. They actually did this, emailing what wording was required and I still have this email. I had actually emailed this to my solicitor BEFORE he did the stat dec.

Jamie - thank you for reply - I am going to do just what you said!

Kind regards to all of you,

Jase and Anne

Pumpkin - thank you for your reply, I actually disagree, if they want things worded specifically then they should actually provide you with what is required. They actually did this, emailing what wording was required and I still have this email. I had actually emailed this to my solicitor BEFORE he did the stat dec.

e

So why ask for opinions then. :unsure:

Archived