Calling all ladies!

grainne73

Is it just me or does everyones OH panicing there wont be enough room in the container because we have so much clothes. I reckon mine will take 6 boxes plus whatever I take with me on flight. I dont think thats TOO much or is it. Love to hear other womens take on this. :biggrin:

Is it just me or does everyones OH panicing there wont be enough room in the container because we have so much clothes. I reckon mine will take 6 boxes plus whatever I take with me on flight. I dont think thats TOO much or is it. Love to hear other womens take on this. :biggrin:

I have to admit, it wasn't until my clothes were all laid out that I suddenly though "jeez, that is madness!" Have to say though, I have lost count of the number of clothing items I passed on to friends & family, only to look back now and wished I had brought them .... Especially my warm jacket and winter scarves :err: Having read all those "you'll never use them" posts prior to arriving, I now find myself buying warmer things so I can wrap up - acclimatising already??! Also, I still remember the madness of the last day - 2 suitcases each and still I couldn't get all my clothes in - still remember those moments where I was packing more clothes into already heaving suitcases .... and hubby was trying to turn stuff out as fast as I was ramming it in! :twitcy: My thoughts would be to definitely have a turn out but then get as much as you can into the container ... you will be surprised when it will come in handy!

Guest siamsusie

Personally I wouldnt panic and I would bring the lot!

If you are going to be in Perth or parts of Queensland , then I doubt whether you need your ankle length faux red fox coat!

Many people have regretted throwing items away and you can always get rid of via ebay.

Susie x

Great answers girlies, exactly what I needed to hear! I'll carry on packing the lit as planned (apart from few bits to charity shop)! Thanks!

Ahhh ... and of course, it won't hurt to look out for a few bargains in the shops - lol! The OH will never notice a few more bits :laugh:

Guest shusselmann

I totally agree about bringing as much as possible, like myrtle1 I gave a lot away before leaving the UK and have regretted, particularly warmer clothing. We're living in Sydney and whilst the summer lasts longer and we have mild days during autumn and winter, it still gets very cold.

The other thing I hadn't considered was how many unexpected demands on our finances there were during the first six months here, buying new clothes was out of the question. Like Mytle1 I'd encourage you to buy a few new items before you leave the UK and pack them in the container to look forward to once you get here, wish I'd done that!

Archived