should i cancel medicals?

gemstone

hello,

just been reading a post about someone doing medicals etc before they have been asked by the co.

i have not had an email, my application changed over a month ago to application being processed further, and i am in cat3.

the aspc.processing@immi.gov.au email says that cat3 apps before july 1 2010 should proceed with medicals etc. so i booked an appt. my medical is on monday. however i have 48 hours to cancel it otherwise i have to pay a 1/4 of the cost. i understand that once its done its the date from then that u go.

basically i wanna know if you think i should wait or just go ahead.

my application was a 175 on the 18.09.09

hello,

just been reading a post about someone doing medicals etc before they have been asked by the co.

i have not had an email, my application changed over a month ago to application being processed further, and i am in cat3.

the aspc.processing@immi.gov.au email says that cat3 apps before july 1 2010 should proceed with medicals etc. so i booked an appt. my medical is on monday. however i have 48 hours to cancel it otherwise i have to pay a 1/4 of the cost. i understand that once its done its the date from then that u go.

I wish I had front loaded as all the other cat 2 that did, most have had their visas granted before I even got a CO. Some went straight to visa without a CO. But only you can decide because you will end up paying twice if the gamble doesnt pay off. I played it safe and havent yet got my visa but at least it buys me a bit more time to arrange everything else. The first time I could get was mid June for meds so maybe you should go for it, if you can afford to possibly do it twice.

Guest Harry A
hello,

Its a tricky one! Ive been told conflicting stories as regards to submitting checks and meds before being requested for them.

The CO's may look at it as if it is convenient that they have been sent and then push you along a bit quicker or they may get the hump with you as you are jumping the gun and then hold tour appliction back!

It all comes down to the case officer and team!

Go with your gut instinct!

Guest Phillips family

I wish we had ...our med reports were sat on docs desk for two and a half weeks then took two weeks to get to oz then mine was referred & waited another 3 weeks to get finalised...the wait is torture I would go & get them done!!

i understand that once its done its the date from then that u go.

i went for my meds etc in march 2010 and i was concerned about the dates for validation also. our visa was granted on 1 july 10 and had a validation dated of 1 jul 11. so turned out not to be a problem!

as for wether or not to go for your meds in anticipation, i cant answer that. its a personal choice. my opinion was to wait till i was asked. thee whole process from TRA to visa grant was only 7 months anyway so i wasnt all that impatient.

Archived