Sponsorship Opportunities in Childcare/Early Years

Leach Family

Hi,

Calling all Childcare Professionals/Early Years workers/Owners.

Does anyone know of any companies willing to sponsor?

I currently work as a Pastoral Manager within a school covering all responsabilities of a Childcare Centre Manager/Welfare Manager/ Worker. (i have checked, checked and tripple checked)

I have my BA(Hons) in Early Childhood Studies, Foundation Degree in Teaching, Learning and Education and HLTA Status.

Within my role I am trained in Child Protection and ensure that all staff work alongside current government legislation and follow the polices and proceedures of the setting.

I am trained and knowledgeable in both the EYFS (UK) and EYLF (AUS) as i completed an in depth International Perspectives module for my degree. I currently ensure that all students access the National Curriculum and assist in eliminating barriers to learning.

My family and I are desparate to start our new lives in Australia. We have both put in for our skills assessment..................but its taking forever!!!!!!!:arghh: We are currently renting and could move asap.

Any help or advice from anyone would be great and very much appreciated.

To hear any success stories would be great too x

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Calling all Childcare Professionals/Early Years workers/Owners.

Does anyone know of any companies willing to sponsor?

I currently work as a Pastoral Manager within a school covering all responsabilities of a Childcare Centre Manager/Welfare Manager/ Worker. (i have checked, checked and tripple checked)

I have my BA(Hons) in Early Childhood Studies, Foundation Degree in Teaching, Learning and Education and HLTA Status.

Within my role I am trained in Child Protection and ensure that all staff work alongside current government legislation and follow the polices and proceedures of the setting.

I am trained and knowledgeable in both the EYFS (UK) and EYLF (AUS) as i completed an in depth International Perspectives module for my degree. I currently ensure that all students access the National Curriculum and assist in eliminating barriers to learning.

My family and I are desparate to start our new lives in Australia. We have both put in for our skills assessment..................but its taking forever!!!!!!!:arghh: We are currently renting and could move asap.

Any help or advice from anyone would be great and very much appreciated.

To hear any success stories would be great too x

Hi ... I have mentioned this to someone else recently but have no idea if they have had any joy with it.... Recently, the Mater (hospital) have been advertising big-time, trying to recruit co-ordinators and group-leaders as they appear to have made huge extensions to their childcare centre provision in Brisbane. Now while they openly sponsor nurses, I have never seen them offer this for childcare staff. If I were you though, I would definitely give it a try - nothing to lose?! Look up the ad on Seek.com. Good Luck :wink:

Guest Lightbulb

WA are sponsoring child care centre managers at the mo and I think your profession is on the general Australian 'occupations in demand list' too. Failing that 'Randstad' employment agency the one based in Perth only need child care workers to commit a minimum of 2 ? years in Kalgoorie only which is about 8 hours west of Perth and 4 hours north of the south coast-if you can cope with being 4 hours from the coast for that length of time go for it-its a way in after all !!

Good Luck

Ally

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noony77

Hi,

im just starting out on the oz application journey, I am a sure start children's centre manager and applying under the "child care centre manager" role. Do you have any tips for how much evidence is required for your skills assessment please? I want to make sure its detailed enough.

thanks

Hi,

My advice would be to supply as much information as you can.

Make sure you meet and match all criteria, and present it in a way which will make the assessment process easy for the assessor, eg like an nvq.

I would also get references to support what you say and possibly complete a statutory declaration too.

NOTE: You dont have to complete everything that i've said in order to pass the assessment, you may supply just what they ask and still pass.......but in my experience i would supply as much information as possible.

Thats just my view.

Basically, if you've been in this role for over two years and have BA (Hons) you have a very good chance of passing.

Hope this helps?

Claire

Archived