Job Hunting - Offshore or Onshore

Cadas

Hi,

We recently got our 176 visa and are in the process of sorting life out to move to Aus in the next few months.

In preparation, I´ve been speaking and e-mailing various agencies (mainly e-mailing as they don´t seem to return calls!) but without a great deal of response. I had hoped to get a few interviews lined up and then fly down.

My gut feeling is that I´m just going to have to take the chance and come down on my own (ahead of the family) for a month or so and hopefully have better luck in finding something.

I was wondering how other people had found job hunting....? If it´s any help I am a construction project manager.

Thanks

Guest tarchik
Hi,

We recently got our 176 visa and are in the process of sorting life out to move to Aus in the next few months.

In preparation, I´ve been speaking and e-mailing various agencies (mainly e-mailing as they don´t seem to return calls!) but without a great deal of response. I had hoped to get a few interviews lined up and then fly down.

My gut feeling is that I´m just going to have to take the chance and come down on my own (ahead of the family) for a month or so and hopefully have better luck in finding something.

I was wondering how other people had found job hunting....? If it´s any help I am a construction project manager.

Thanks

Interesting thread. I would also want to know so I hope someone will come along soon with some suggestions

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Cadas

We are moving to the ACT in a couple of weeks - about 4 weeks ago I started applying for jobs - Id say I have applied for about 65 in total. Out of those 65 I received 2 positive responses , one telephone interview and I am doing my second round interview first thing in the morning. We are offshore so it is possible although the company I got the interview for are hiring directly and it is not through a recruitment agency. The funny thing is my job is not on the skills list for the ACT (Counsellor) and my husbands is (IT) and I am the one who got the interview. Im guessing it is possible but I think I got lucky aswell. I would keep trying and apply for as many jobs as possible! Good luck with the search.

Suzanne

Archived