Vetassess

Waitingawhile

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably won't make you feel any better but I've been waiting since the 29th November! I've emailed a couple of times - had an apology for the delay and told it would be priority processed within 5 days. Four weeks later I still hadn't heard anything so emailed again and been basically told I just have to wait. Its very, very frustrating.

Oh my goodness!! I'm impatient enough without having waited as long as you. I have no idea on how they determine what is due for processing. Saw a post on another thread where someone had applied 09/02/11 and had theirs approved last week. We have put in an urgency request form but no-one at Vetassess seems to know what is going on

Guest johnbaguio
Oh my goodness!! I'm impatient enough without having waited as long as you. I have no idea on how they determine what is due for processing. Saw a post on another thread where someone had applied 09/02/11 and had theirs approved last week. We have put in an urgency request form but no-one at Vetassess seems to know what is going on

Keep constant follow-ups.I took the exam 16thMarch2011 and I kept naggin them with emails attahced with urgency request and it was released 27May2011.The reason behind i think is manpower.

Keep constant follow-ups.I took the exam 16thMarch2011 and I kept naggin them with emails attahced with urgency request and it was released 27May2011.The reason behind i think is manpower.

Thanks for the advice. We have been calling but my husband doesnt want to upset them by too much chasing. He doesnt have to take an exam, its purely for a professional occupation. Spoke to a manager yesterday who promised to look into it and email back. Surprise surprise, heard nothing. Urgency request form is in but not helping so far

• 4 weeks later...
Has any one heard anything about the current waiting times for vetassess- fed up of waiting already?

The are well behind their published processing times. However, some advice for you. Call them and ask them, and then keep calling weekly. Thats what we did. We also asked to speak to a manager and once we did that, things started moving.

We applied on 08/02/11 and finally got an approved assessment on 02/06/11. Letter arrived on 06/06/11 but they faxed it too.

Keep pressurising them!!

Guest HoutoMel
The are well behind their published processing times. However, some advice for you. Call them and ask them, and then keep calling weekly. Thats what we did. We also asked to speak to a manager and once we did that, things started moving.

We applied on 08/02/11 and finally got an approved assessment on 02/06/11. Letter arrived on 06/06/11 but they faxed it too.

Keep pressurising them!!

Thanks for the tip. How long did you wait before trying this? I'm only on about the 4th week of waiting.

However, I got an interesting email from them that my file was selected for "further investigation" of my employment history. Turns out that my file was randomly selected for assessment by DIAC. VETASSESS won't be assessing my file since my file has been sent to DIAC.

They only took 1 DAY(!) to turn the file over to DIAC. If only they moved that fast with everything...

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for the tip. How long did you wait before trying this? I'm only on about the 4th week of waiting.

However, I got an interesting email from them that my file was selected for "further investigation" of my employment history. Turns out that my file was randomly selected for assessment by DIAC. VETASSESS won't be assessing my file since my file has been sent to DIAC.

They only took 1 DAY(!) to turn the file over to DIAC. If only they moved that fast with everything...

Anyone else experience this?

We waited about 6 weeks and then started calling, mainly because the processing time was 30 days when we first started our application and then suddenly they updated the website to be 8-12 weeks. They say wait three weeks from date of application before enquiring.

Not sure how it all works though if DIAC now have your application.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HoutoMel
I received an email saying that waiting times are still 12-16 weeks, cant believe it we did everything on line but still have to wait as if we hadn't oh well.

While I wish I could say differently, this doesn't surprise me at all. Needless to say, I am very underwhelmed by VETASSESS. i am thoroughly convinced that VETASSESS will be the longest lead item in the visa approval process. i really wish that DIAC would let us go ahead and lodge the visa application and let the skills assessment be submitted upon request by CO just like the medicals and police checks. that way, people can submit the skills assessment and visa application and let them be completed on parallel courses.

What frustrates me even more about VETASSESS is the experience that claramanda had. She had to actually contact them to find out the in 12 weeks, her application basically sat on someone's desk and was not reviewed. Thankfully for her, she had an urgency request that was acceptable to them, and they were all of a sudden able to get her assessment reviewed AND approved in a week or so!

Furthermore, I found out that part of the "more in depth" investigation being done by DIAC on my randomly-selected application will include contacting my employer reference to discuss/verify the work experience that I submitted. While they didn't say as much, this leads me to believe that VETASSESS may not always check applicants' credentials--at least not the same extent.

So now there's evidence that everyone's application is not assessed to the same level of detail, and we now know that they can actually get them done over the course of a few days rather than several weeks.

It's very frustrating.

Another forumer (sivakumar?) suggested posting the times for VETASSESS submittals and I think its a good idea. Here's mine:

Name: HoutoMel

Type of Assessment: Urban and Regional Planner

Date of payment: 24 Apr 11

Date of document reception: 9 May 11

Other comments: Application randomly selected for DIAC assessment

Completed assessment: to be determined

Vetassess recieved my docs on 18th Feb. It originally said 4-8 wekks processing. Siince then i have emailed and phned every week and they not een showing any interest.... just say same thing since APRIL.... "its being processed and will probably be about another 2 weeks"

I phoned on Tuesday again and got the same as always.... so i did what somebody on here told did and asked to speak to their manager, the guy replied in very poor english.........

"my manager not here...."

Ok what time they in?

"Don't know..."

What time he/she usually come in?

"Not sure"

Can i hold?

"No"

Can you get them to call me back?

"No"

In the end i was laughing as its a total joke:arghh::arghh:...... Good luck to anybody who has just posted their application as you will need it.

Guest HoutoMel
Vetassess recieved my docs on 18th Feb. It originally said 4-8 wekks processing. Siince then i have emailed and phned every week and they not een showing any interest.... just say same thing since APRIL.... "its being processed and will probably be about another 2 weeks"

I phoned on Tuesday again and got the same as always.... so i did what somebody on here told did and asked to speak to their manager, the guy replied in very poor english.........

Ok what time they in?

"Don't know..."

"Not sure"

Can i hold?

"No"

"No"

In the end i was laughing as its a total joke:arghh::arghh:...... Good luck to anybody who has just posted their application as you will need it.

You've been waiting 4 months?!?!?!?!?! For what occupation?

Ok what time they in?

"Don't know..."

"Not sure"

Can i hold?

"No"

"No"

What you need to do is call the main reception number and ask to speak to a manager, otherwise you get a numpty who looks at a screen and knows nothing else. If you want a name of a manager, let me know.

Guest HoutoMel
What you need to do is call the main reception number and ask to speak to a manager, otherwise you get a numpty who looks at a screen and knows nothing else. If you want a name of a manager, let me know.

I'd definitely like a manager's name! Thank you so much!

This is unbelievable, we are not the only customers of this service either the states and Govt. are too, as they want skilled migrants with our skills allegedly. They are supposed to have made the process more streamlined when applying for a visa how does the capability of Vetassess fit into this?

I'd definitely like a manager's name! Thank you so much!

My husband managed to speak to Rosemary Woodger. Just explain that you are having no luck getting any proper answers from the normal channels and how long you've been waiting. She may not be the correct one but at least it's the right level. Good luck

Name: Amy79

Type of Assessment: Project & Program Admin

Date of payment: 4 April 2011

Date of document receipt: 19 April 2011 (Email chaser sent 24/5 and reply received 25/5 confirming they had received my docs. Wait time advised as 8-12 weeks)

Other comments: Urgency request submitted 16 June 2011, email chaser sent 23 June to check they've received my urgency request (No reply as at 25 June)

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Northern viewpost.gif

Ok what time they in?

"Don't know..."

"Not sure"

Can i hold?

"No"

"No"

Well Well Well.......................................

Update .... I have now Recieved My POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT came on 7th July

Vetassess are very very slow and many many calls which in end are useless.

So they recieved my application 18th Feb and confirmed on 7th July (21 weeks)

Gud luck to everybody.

Thanks for letting us know- this is an unbelievable length of time to have to wait! I note that with regard to the new points test they are supposed to send those of us with imminent assessments an email detailing the new process for the different points awarded for qualifications and work experience by the 10th of this month - I haven't received one yet and as it is the weekend doubt I will get one by Monday!

Big congrats by the way :)

Guest HoutoMel
Thanks for letting us know- this is an unbelievable length of time to have to wait! I note that with regard to the new points test they are supposed to send those of us with imminent assessments an email detailing the new process for the different points awarded for qualifications and work experience by the 10th of this month - I haven't received one yet and as it is the weekend doubt I will get one by Monday!

Big congrats by the way :)

I'll be interested in seeing this email...whenever it comes. I just want my positive skills assessment back. I've never been so eager to spend US$3000 as I am on this visa. The sooner I apply, the sooner I move on with things--such as taking an extended holiday for a while and then getting a new job in the US while I'm waiting on the visa to come through.