Evidence of relationship for 176 visa

saz71

Hi all

We're just getting everything together ready to lodge our State Sponsored 176 visa app online and just need to pull together our evidence of our relationship.

We've been together since 2002, starting living together in 2003, had our son in 2006 and married in 2008. How much evidence do we need to submit ? I understand we both have to provide a signed statement of the history of our relationship and some signed statements from family/friends (although heaven knows what the content of them should be!). Obviously there's the marriage certificate and I've also got copies of invites to social events and evidence of holidays/shared mortgage/bank account letters etc although most of the household bills are in my name only as the house was mine originally. Just not sure how much I need to include.

TIA for any advice !

Guest hrimmer3011

Hi, we are about to submit our appication, but we have been asked for nothing apart from our marraige cert, noral stuff birth certs etc but we do not have to prove our relationship as we are married - having read the info again, it seems to be for people that are not married.

Hi, we are about to submit our appication, but we have been asked for nothing apart from our marraige cert, noral stuff birth certs etc but we do not have to prove our relationship as we are married - having read the info again, it seems to be for people that are not married.

Thanks for the reply hrimmer - are you using an agent or doing it yourself?

Guest hrimmer3011

Hi, we are using an agent, we got a checklist of docs that are needed for the actual visa application, as said just the normal stuff, marriage cert/birth certs/passports/passport photos/p60 and a years worth of payslips, nothing at all abou proving our relationship- the proof is the marriage certificate as far as we are concerned. So I don't think you need anything to prove you are married!! I may be wrong - but going on what my agent (they are very good) has said - marriage cert is all you need. Hope that helps, anything else you need to know - just ask Helen x

Hi, we are using an agent, we got a checklist of docs that are needed for the actual visa application, as said just the normal stuff, marriage cert/birth certs/passports/passport photos/p60 and a years worth of payslips, nothing at all abou proving our relationship- the proof is the marriage certificate as far as we are concerned. So I don't think you need anything to prove you are married!! I may be wrong - but going on what my agent (they are very good) has said - marriage cert is all you need. Hope that helps, anything else you need to know - just ask Helen x

Thanks Helen - that's really helpful. I've not scanned a years worth of payslips but have scanned the last 6 years p60's which prove he's worked at the same place plus we have a detailed employer statement that we submitted for his TRA confirming he's been there for 7 years so am hoping that will be enough evidence of his recent experience. May sort through the box file of payslips though just in case they ask for a years worth :eek:

Only problem is getting the marriage cert and our son's full birth cert scanned as they're both too big for the scanner!

Archived