Visa dilemma

sponts

Hi all,

I'm new to the site so please be patient! I am soon to lodge my application for a de facto visa. I have been with my girlfriend nearly three years, we met in UK and since she left 2 yerars ago have been too-ing and fro-ing between Aus and UK. I have recently come back from Australia where I was on a working holiday visa. We have heaps of correspondence and tenancy agreement with the two of us on it. I am reasonably confident I have sufficient evidence to have the visa granted. If, however, by some intervention of a douche at immi it is refused, can you then apply for a prospective marriage visa? Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sponts:chatterbox:

Hi all,

I'm new to the site so please be patient! I am soon to lodge my application for a de facto visa. I have been with my girlfriend nearly three years, we met in UK and since she left 2 yerars ago have been too-ing and fro-ing between Aus and UK. I have recently come back from Australia where I was on a working holiday visa. We have heaps of correspondence and tenancy agreement with the two of us on it. I am reasonably confident I have sufficient evidence to have the visa granted. If, however, by some intervention of a douche at immi it is refused, can you then apply for a prospective marriage visa? Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Probably, if you are both free to wed.

Hi all,

Thanks,

I think you can, but you dont get refunded for your partner visa application. If you think that you wont be approved, perhaps you shouldnt apply for the partner visa at all and just go straight for the prospective marriage visa instead of the partner visa. However, once your married, you would then have another visa to apply for.

If you have lots of emails between the two of you, documented evidence of flights back and forth to australia etc, some photos during different periods of time and stat decs from family members you would be fine for the 309/100 partner visa.

Good luck! :wubclub:

Thanks Mrs Potato head! We have vast documentation of our relationship over the 3 years. I have heard that not only do you need UK police checks but Australian ones too! How on earth is one to go about applying for one from Australia?:confused:

Thanks Mrs Potato head! We have vast documentation of our relationship over the 3 years. I have heard that not only do you need UK police checks but Australian ones too! How on earth is one to go about applying for one from Australia?:confused:

just go to afp.gov.au. it costs $45. you'll need to pay by aussie bank draft or postal order. takes about 2 weeks to arrive.

Archived